A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

Now where have we heard that before? :thinking: Something to do with cheese maybe. :rofl:

2 Likes

As @Geof_Cox said elsewhere with his usual wisdom

“Note to self: never introduce the subject of cheese into somebody else’s thread.”

[Link not provided to discourage readers jumping back to cheese]

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::cheese::plate_with_cutlery:

1 Like

3 Likes

I need to be clued up here – what’s the fromage connection? :man_detective:

Someone mentioned the word “outrageous” (was it in a video clip?) and @David_Spardo recalled one of Liz Truss’s finest moments, on the topic of cheese imports.

A thread that started as emigrate to France rather quickly morphed into food, and particularly cheese :heart_eyes:

Completely over my head! :crazy_face:

Ha! Ha! That Truss and cheesegate thread, now consigned to the archives no doubt, is full of wonderful outraged humour. I hope that in a few years time we can look back and smile.

And talking about cheese…

3 Likes

double post :astonished:

And now they’ve changed places. :roll_eyes:

Funny how many of our threads here morph into food… :slight_smile:

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me, again, asking why I didn’t do something useful with my time,
“like sitting around in the Garden bar and drinking John Smiths isn’t a good thing.”
She is “only thinking of me,” she said, and suggested I go down to the old folks Centre and hang out with the fellas. I sent her an e-mail telling her I had and that I had joined the Senior Parachute Club. She replied, "Are you nuts? You’re 72 years-old and now you’re going to start jumping out of airplanes? I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her. Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled, “Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club.” “Oh man, am I in trouble,” I said, “I signed up for five jumps a week!” The line went dead. Life as a Senior Citizen isn’t getting any easier, but sometimes it can be fun to wind the kids up.

12 Likes

Should’ve gone to Specsavers…!

2 Likes

A man took hi blonde girlfriend to her first American football game. They had great seats right behind their team’s bench.

After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience. “Oh, I really liked it,” she replied, “especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn’t understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents.”

Dumbfounded, her date asked, “What do you mean?”

“Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it, and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was, ‘Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!’ I’m like, hello? It’s only 25 cents!”

8 Likes

Chinese astronauts have landed back on Earth after six months. Not sure what they brought with them.

Also take a look at the reviews for this remarkable device…

2 Likes

Not humorous - far from it - sorry!

“Inspired by the ‘fallstreak cloud’ phenomena where holes are formed in clouds when water temperature is below freezing but has not frozen due to lack of ice nucleation particles. Dr Zarkov developed a device that fires nucleation particles into the cloud where they cause a portion of the water to freeze, which triggers a domino effect (the Von-Sydow process) causing water vapor around it to also freeze then fall to earth. The result is a large circular hole in the cloud that lasts up to an hour or more before requiring another blast from the gun.”

If it’s anything like cloud seeding then it’s potentially very harmful. From the Guardian 30/08/01

On August 15, 1952, one of the worst flash floods ever to have occurred in Britain swept through the Devon village of Lynmouth. Thirty five people died as a torrent of 90m tons of water and thousands of tons of rock poured off saturated Exmoor and into the village destroying homes, bridges, shops and hotels.

The disaster was officially termed “the hand of God” but new evidence from previously classified government files suggests that a team of international scientists working with the RAF was experimenting with artificial rainmaking in southern Britain in the same week and could possibly be implicated.

Oh Sue, you took this so seriously. It’s actually a joke !
The FLO packaging of telecopes etc includes a message “Warning : may contain clouds”.
A familiar complaint among astrophotographers is that the more stuff astrophotographers buy, the thicker the clouds become.

An example comment…
The problem with this bit of kit is that it is just too powerful. I used it over Cornwall for about a week on and off and after about 3 months, we had half a day of sunshine and clear blue skies! On a recent holiday to the Bishops Ring Nebula, I only had to use it once and quite a lot of sky was visible and I could look back and see the rings around Skegness quite clearly.

1 Like

Dr Zarkov (played by Topol) was the mad scientist and Max Von Sydow played Ming the merciless in Flash Gordon for the 80s remake.

1 Like