A little mid-week humour to lighten the mood

10 Likes

Who would ever admit to needing these (seen this afternoon).

10 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

If you get an email telling you that you can catch Swine Flu from tins of ham then delete it. It’s Spam.

7 Likes

Telling porkies, eh

4 Likes

Someone is lo’in.

1 Like

That sounds very 1950s

This is often regarded as the first eg of Pop Art (1956) , but it came from the UK and is a collage by Richard Hamilton (mainly from rare imported DC Comics) of all the new things available on the other side of the Atlantic such as the Hoover Constellation ‘float on air’ vacuum cleaner and luxury items like tins of ham .

2 Likes

John Cleese is in the news and having just come across this video I had to post it - not seen it before…

2 Likes

Gosh! He really was a giant stick insect.

I’m not sure the same sort of physical humour would be possible or funny by a much older gentleman. Hopefully, that is not the sort of thing he is planning for the New Fawlty.

He might dislocate something at the age of 83 if he did.

I can’t imagine what the new Faulty Towers might be like, but John Cleese has such an original sense of comic imagination, that hopefully, it will be a great success. But who will it appeal to? To be watched out for with anticipation.

Can’t believe the last Faulty Towers was 44 years ago. Like yesterday for me.

2 Likes

Nick Robinson on R4 Today commented that Mr Cleese will need to find his s.o.h. He’s been a bad tempered visitor to the show.

We lighten our mood by regular visits to Seinfeld on Netflix. We’re a little addicted.

I don’t know if this is genuine or not, or would be classed as humorous, but I think it lightens the mood.

An old tired-looking dog wanders into a guy’s yard. He examines the dog’s collar and feels his well-fed belly and knows the dog has a home.

The dog follows him into the house, goes down the hall, jumps on the couch, gets comfortable and falls asleep. The man thinks it’s rather odd, but lets him sleep. After about an hour the dog wakes up, walks to the door and the guy lets him out. The dog wags his tail and leaves.

The next day the dog comes back and scratches at the door. The guy opens the door, the dog comes in, goes down the hall, jumps on the couch, gets comfortable and falls asleep again. The man lets him sleep. After about an hour the dog wakes up, walks to the door and the guy lets him out. The dog wags his tail and leaves.

This goes on for days. The guy grows really curious, so he pins a note on the dog’s collar: “Your dog has been taking a nap at my house every day.”

The next day the dog arrives with another note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with four children – he’s trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?”

7 Likes

Not met with enthusiasm by the Guardian! But gives itself some wriggle room in the last but one sentence…

If the revived Fawlty Towers can regain even a spark of the old show – of the manic ricocheting momentum, the clockwork precision – there is every chance that it will be fantastic and I will publicly apologise for doubting it.

I know this should be a positive thread but I’m a bit annoyed today. I’ve been reported to the gendarmes because, allegedly, my dog chased a kid on a bike.
My dog doesn’t have a bike.

8 Likes

4 Likes