Anti Covid Vaccinations and Covid 'Passport

My daughter flew into Bergerac on Sunday and was allowed in without a problem. Apparently leaving UK Stansted was a faff due to checking in delays and prepurchased test results not turning up on time.

1 Like

Looks like there is some inconsistency for some reason. My nom d’usage is not the name on my vaccine cert, and I’ve noticed my maiden name popping up on various documents over the years, but it has never caused a problem. The vaccine cert made me look into it. But trying to change to my nom d’usage in Ameli may make everything worse, so I’m going to let it be.

USA still does not have Astra Zeneca on the list of vaccinations they accept as valid though.

PeterJ I had a similar problem in that my first name was incorrect on the first jab certificate. I pointed this out at the second jab and they said it would be corrected on the jab system. 2nd cert (with QR code) name was correct but when I scanned into my phone it indicated I had only had 1 jab. I’m still waiting on registration into the French health system (now 7 months since initial application) so Ameli site was not accessible to me. Went back to the vaccination centre and a very helpful lady corrected things and printed out a new certificate. I think the only recourse in your situation is to go back to the vaccination centre and ask. (Note it was very busy on the day I went back and I had to leave my papers and go back a couple of hours later to pick up the new cert.)

1 Like

Is France now allowing in double vaccinated UK residents who have the Astra Zeneca which was manufactured in India?

Like most countries France let’s you in if you have had both vaccinations and a negative PCR test. Those coming from the UK for business, holiday or to eat lotuses must all comply. On previous waves France was around 6 weeks behind England so expect rates to reach the 30k by August. Not helped by the mass movement for the vacance and slower take up of vaccination than the UK. Question is will one be allowed in restaurants with a UK vaccination cert? I suspect it will be at the discretion of the venue.

**Travel to France: Which COVID-19 Vaccines Are Accepted as Proof of Immunity - SchengenVisaInfo.com

My daughter was allowed in with an Antigen test taken at Stansted.

Antigen currently works for France if 48hrs or less.
PCR is up to 72hrs ahead

French government gave just announced that UK vaccination certificates will be approved for use to enter restaurants, bars, cinemas etc

2 Likes

That’s good news - we don’t plan on doing much or any eating out this trip and we’re back in the UK by the 1st of August but it is nice to know we might be able to attempt another trip - travel restrictions permitting later this summer.

1 Like

Where did you find that announcement about eating out etc
 @pete_thomas ??
I’ve been looking but can’t find it yet 

1 Like

Saw it on France24.com - outline of Macron’s speech and summary of new measures.

2 Likes

Good to know.

interesting as UK gov says NHS certificates are not to be used for holidays?

It appear the problems lies with Astra Zeneca vaccine:

'
The AstraZeneca vaccine technically has two names – Vaxzevria which is produced in Europe and Covishield which is produced under licence by the Serum Institute in India.

It’s produced to the same specifications using the same ingredients, but Covishield doesn’t have a sales licence in the EU. The manufacturers presumably didn’t think this was important since their product is used mostly in India and Africa, but have now run into a problem – the EU’s vaccine passport rules specifically states that it will accept all vaccines licenced by the European Medicines Agency, which does not include Covishield.

This means that travellers from India and Africa vaccinated with it cannot use vaccine certificates for entry to the EU.

This is also a problem for some British travellers, since the UK’s vaccine programme has used large amounts of the Indian-produced AstraZeneca product.

Arrivals from the UK who are fully vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca’s Vaxzevria product are not affected by this.

My vaccination record does not specify which variety of Atra Zeneca I received. So since I cant beat ‘the system’ I’m going to cut my losses, say nothing about my two previous jabs and just line up for a Pfizer or Johnson &Johnson jab and consider it the booster I was expecting to get eventually anyway

Hi we have only just moved to France from Uk had our immunisation plus UK PCR plus 7 day quarantine the second PRC in France . Like you I have the cards and GP info on the actual immunisation as well as NHS app and proof which I have in French but I also do not know how this translates to France ??? I am trying to contact consulate in Paris to see if they can help but I can’t even see where to ask . It’s been a stressful time moving here jumping through all the hoops with Visas paperwork req now here and one step forwards two back each time very stressful . I would be interested in where this leads or even how to contact the embassy I tried to call no joy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:karen

Where did you see that? From the NHS app

Prove your identity to get full access

You’ll need to prove who you are before you can get your COVID Pass for travel abroad, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, and view your health records in the NHS App.

I was also a bit worried about my vaccine certificate being in my maiden name rather than the name on my UK passport but there were no problems when I flew from Nice to Germany last week

4 Likes