ANTS login with France Connect

Hello all! Thanks for allowing me to join the group! I need to Carte Grise my UK car and understand that I have to do this online through ANTS. It appears that the only way I can start a new application is to login (double security?) through France Connect. Problem is, I don’t have the tax number that they are asking for. Am I being daft? Is there another way?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi Anthony

You will have a garage near you who can do this through their ANTS link. They make a small charge… and may (or may not) be au fait with UK cars… go and ask the question… if not them, they will probably know who can do it for you.

You may find is useful/hilarious to go through the many Threads…

this is just one…

I just thought I would post and say I share your pain with the ANTS website. I bought a second hand scooter (French) and have been trying to register it in my name, but the website takes you round in circles!

Hi @Col_in

Colin … Welcome to the Forum…

Please will you amend you Registration to show Full Name… as per our T&C’s… if you are not sure how to do that… simply put your Full Name … on this thread… and I will amend it for you…

Hopefully, we can help you through the maze of ANTS…:zipper_mouth_face:

cheers

Hi Stella
Do you mean I have to have my surname too? I like to keep a low internet profile you know!
:slight_smile:

Hi Colin…

YES… exactly so… please add your Surname.

cheers :relaxed:

ok. Just out of curiosity … how did AnonAnon8888888887 bypass the rules?

Hi Colin…

When someone leaves the Forum… if they have a certain number of Posts, they cannot be removed entirely… so they become “anonymous”.

Ah ok, you have a very hi-tech forum …
I wish you could be programmer for ANTS website, I think they need some upgrades :slight_smile:

1 Like

Colin… let’s have some more detail about the scooter and your situation.

Presumably you have a Carte Grise for the scooter and merely wish to change the name on it… as the New Owner… correct???

Are you a French Resident???

What paperwork did the Seller give to you ??

Im camping in france for the summer, so dont have a permanent French address. Can I use my UK address for the Carte Gris, because this is just one of my issues?

Unsurprisingly, no you can’t put a UK address on a French carte grise

If you are intending to use the scooter… you must have Insurance cover. I suggest you go to an Insurance Office and discuss the matter with them. Absolutely essential that you do NOT run the scooter without Insurance… and a Driving Licence (of course).

You have 1 month (I believe) in which to get the CG changed into your name … which you cannot do… so hopefully you will be back in the UK by then and can “import” the scooter and put it onto English plates… :relaxed:

By the way… what paperwork did the Seller give you ??

You can do this easily through France Connect if you have an AMELI registration in respect of your healthcare here. Using the AMELI password and your French NI number, you can then easily create your ANTS account. Alternatively, you can create an ANTS account directly on the ANTS website with a password of your choice, thus bypassing the France Connect entry Portal. Not too tricky, and the procedures are explained on the Website. I have used both methods successfully. Once in, so long as you follow the instructions the procedure is logical, sensible and fairly quick - certainly beats attendances at a Prefecture.

Hope this helps.

Mel ANTHONY

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed: A couple of years ago, I accompanied two ladies to the Prefecture to get their cars changed to French Immatriculation. We were all done and dusted and back to the car-park… before the “free parking” 15 minutes… ran out…

and when we got back to the village, their husbands thought the applications must have been rejected since we were so quick… (o ye of little faith :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:)

Sadly, it is not always as quick as that through ANTS… but we live in hope…

1 Like

Thanks Melvyn,

I have a login for ANTS but after this all I get is FAQ etc and no way into starting a new application. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have just tried logging in again. After entering the login and clicking to proceed, I received the usual welcome screen asking me to continue, which I duly clicked, and a page opened up (as usual) offering me a choice of many options for the different facilitries that the site offers.

I log in through France Connect, using my AMELI log in details. There are other France Connect options.

I do not know what happens if you set up an account without using the France Connect method.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful to you.

Thanks Melvyn. I don’t have a tax number (not been here long enough to fill in a tax return) so not in health system either. La Poste login doesn’t work either as they don’t recognize me (no tax number). Strange that there is such urgency to matriculate a car but you have to a year
a for a tax number! My local Leclerc apparently assist with foreign CGs so I’ll sort it there. Cheers!b

Hi Stella et al

Hubby and I have bought a motor bike (currently uk registered). Today, we went off to a company we were told would do the change to French registration for us for a fee as we are not French literate enough to deal with ANTS. They said they couldn’t do it, we then decided to try our insurance company where we already have insurance for the house and scooter. They were very helpful and insured our motor bike for us there and then. We were told we have 3 months to register from today and could go to the local Narouto to get it done (for a fee). Off we went and were told that is impossible!!! Where do we go from here?