Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

They have their own parking too, much appreciated!

4 Likes

A new look can do you a power of good.
Congratulations.

2 Likes

Mend is always best.

1 Like

You’re right Jane. We had faith that the shutter was designed not only to work, but to be repairable.

1 Like

Oh no! This is not so cheerful but I don’t know where else to post

PMQ will not be as colourful without him. I sincerely wish him well :scotland:

2 Likes

Here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

With all that’s happening in the world
 it’s nice if we can keep one thread really cheerful

and, with that in mind
 my cheerful news is that I’ve just finished a walk with an elderly friend
 and neither of us was out of breath as we stumbled back home

It’s been a while since she’s been able to do that, so today’s success has lifted her spirits. :+1: :+1:

9 Likes

Partner passed CT this afternoon with flying colours. Just one small advisory, the rubber on the brake pedal is worn, but I don’t know how, I hardly ever use it. :rofl:

10 Likes

5 Likes

Hubby checked our courgette plant as possible frost tonight!!

10 Likes

My water bill came online to me earlier - half the costs in every part of what my previous bills were in the/ or one of the most expensive regions of France for water. Got more to spend on xmas now! :wine_glass: :plate_with_cutlery:

4 Likes

Hurrah
 the £10 Xmas Bonus has just hit my bank account
 every little helps
 !!!

2 Likes

Pensioners in UK and other countries in the EU got double WFP , but not France.
Merry Christmas IDS.

and the cheerful news is
 it’s NOT snowing
 :+1:

4 Likes

Plenty on top of this part of the Pyrenees currently which has made it a lot colder than last week. Hope it stays up there, do not like the snow very much.

2 Likes

so your cheerful news is
 the snow hasn’t reached you
 hurrah.

No and I don’t think it will. DIL and grandson gone upto Les Angles earlier for a walk in the white stuff if there is any with her parents and lunch up there or nearby. Its actually warmed up today.

Well, thats cheerful news
 :+1:

1 Like

an excellent result

IDFS, you mean

Is no one taking the sleazy British shysters to court over this? All we get here is the bad news - that gets handed out to us but nothing good does.

I mean, France is not going to help, whilst they quite correctly help only those for whom they are socially responsible - so who does the UK think is going to provide the extra help needed by those they remain socially responsible for?

What’s the situation for UK state pensioners in that other tropical EU country to the South of us ie Spain? They, too, have overseas territories in hot places or the winter-sun Canary Islands at least.