Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Worth checking your ANTS account Angela :crossed_fingers:

Have done, Lily!

1 Like

FINALLY, got my gates up. With a few days sunshine it’s meant I’ve been able to get on with them. Don’t look too closely at the photos - there’s not a single correct vertical or horizontal. My excuse is that they are on a bank that slopes in two directions and trying to line everything up has been a nightmare. The blue looks quite nice with the roses though. :grin: The second photo is a truer representation of the blue.

11 Likes

They look great @SuePJ and who cares if they’re not straight, level, horizontal or whatever. Like the blue too - where did you get it from?

2 Likes

nice blue. They look like they took quite a bit of paint.

1 Like

Just our local Briconautes. 3V3 Climats ExtrĂȘmes Bleu Provence satinĂ© (would have been much cheaper from Leroy Merlin)

Not really, less than 1/2 litre, but I only did a single coat, as I said elsewhere I went for the shabby look, I don’t want them to shriek “new”.

The gates are very cheap and cheerful and they came with their own pretty naff furniture included in the price

I’ve hunted everywhere for it as it’s just what I want but here nobody seems to stock anything but various shades of brown in that range :frowning: Perhaps I’ll have to come south to hunt for it

@AngelaR How about buying online? Or do you have a Leroy Merlin anywhere near you? They will deliver as well.

https://www.leroymerlin.fr/produits/peinture-droguerie/peinture-lasure-et-traitement-exterieur/peinture-pour-bois-exterieur/peinture-bois-exterieur-climats-extremes-v33-bleu-provence-satine-2-5-l-70207984.html

@SuePJ Thank you Sue. After your mention of Leroy Merlin, I looked on-line but still couldn’t find it, so I am VERY grateful for the link That should brighten up our furniture nicely :smiley:

1 Like

Jim made an obelisk for climbing plants in that colour and we will be looking at it as we eat our barbecued lamb and ratatouille with a lovely bottle of Moulin a Vent.
Your gate looks lovely.

4 Likes

Decorating for the day is done, so the cheerful news is that I can sit and enjoy the view with a cup of Yorkshire Tea

9 Likes

Looks lovely Mat!

2 Likes

I keep an empty bird cage for any field mouse, vole or bird that one of the cats bring back and deliberately releases unharmed inside the house, to play with later!

Just a few days ago I persuaded one of my cats to release a bird he had in his mouth and caught it, hopefully unharmed. You can’t always tell.

There was absolute silence from the covered cage for several hours until a sudden flutter of feathers. It had recovered and was clinging to the bars of the cage. Very feisty it was as I reached in. Went outside and made sure no cats were watching and let it go. It flew level and then lifter high up to land in the top of a tree about 30 meters away.

It doesn’t happen very often but when it does it feels just great!

9 Likes

That sounds as if you are reserving the poor creature for a bit of gladiator-style cat play later on!

1 Like

What beautiful shorn grass and neat shrubs! Wish that ours looked as neat

On the contrary, the bird cage is to keep any captured mouse, vole or bird in a safe place to recover and to later release in good health outside away from any lurking cats.

It has to be caught again for that to happen. Once caught twice shy.

Don’t worry it will shortly go brown!

La fĂȘte des mĂšres today which my daughters like to celebrate every year with some good taste thing, (because it is pĂ©tainiste, obv).
So here’s this year’s

13 Likes

I thought exactly the same!

Love it Vero!

3 Likes