Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

A very good friend of mine’s grand daughter has recently been diagnosed. She’s about twelve now I’d say. Seems to be mild, hopefully she’ll grow out of it too.

Today’s cheerful news… OH has finally mended a shutter which had a broken wall-hinge thingy.
Of course, it took a good 18 months just to plan how to mend it… :wink:
but once he’d found the right “bit” and the correct fixings, it only took 20 minutes to put right…
Hurrah… the house looks half-decent again.

2 Likes

Had a lovely walk this evening through the Oxfordshire countryside. 20 degrees, nice smells and not too muddy.

6 Likes

But honestly, aren’t we boys wonderful :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just back from our week’s holiday and have been down to Marie to vote. Was amazingly warmly greeted with a round of applause as everyone there knew I have only just gained nationality. So sweet!!

Mind you they were bored stiff as so few people voting, so keen on anything for a distration!

14 Likes

What a joy, to prepare a meal incorporating my first produce, a wonky courgette and massive lettuce :grin::grin: delish :yum::yum:

13 Likes

Met my first Ukrainien refugee today. Charming young lady.
She’s already signed-up for French lessons and she wants me to help improve her English… :+1:

5 Likes

The week is getting better and better…
Had our first guest indoors since Covid hit in 2020 … and she brought a couple of bottles of champagne… hurrah…
and the really cheerful news… is that I was forced to drink most of it, 'cos OH is on medication and she was driving… hurrah… hic…

8 Likes

Wonderful!
I gave made raspberry gelato this morning, the raspberries are doing really well this year.
Also red bean and mushroom burgers for lunch.

5 Likes

How much will is cost you for the installation? Or, do they just do it? May sound like a silly question, BUT I am American! LOL :rofl: Things are very different and surprising for us vs Brits in different ways.

If you are within a few metres of where the cables have been installed they just do it, otherwise a charge. And if you are capable of opening the box and plugging in your own modem then it’s free, otherwise we would have been charged €89 for them to set it up.

OH spotted our first ever glow worm in the garden.
Looked like a little green led light…
Magical!

7 Likes

Phew… this morning’s cheerful news… is that we left a large, ground-floor window… which is easily accessed from the road… open all night (by mistake) and didn’t get burgled. Hurrah…
Perhaps all the baddies are overcome with heat-exhaustion.
(and thank heavens for the mozzie screen or we’d have been eaten alive)

4 Likes

Morning All

I am now officially sleeping with an OAP

Another one off the bucket list.

Before you panic, my good lady is 66 today.

Enjoy the sunshine, but stay safe

Andy

8 Likes

Happy birthday to her!! :champagne::clinking_glasses::birthday:

2 Likes

How times have changed, I became an OAP at 60.

Last month my OH went round telling people he was now sleeping with a French women. A few got the wrong end of the stick!

10 Likes

How times have changed Jane.

66 and climbing

I remember one time… Joanna Lumley’s 60th birthday… on TV they described her as “middle-aged” … and I cheered. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes