Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

:heart::heart::heart::heart:
Wonderful photo Sue.
We have had 4 Airedale, Rosie, Daisy, Liz and Meg.
All with different characters but all definitely had the unique Airedale character.
I shall hit the pillow tonight with a smile and happy thoughts of our Airedale clan, gone but never forgotten.

5 Likes

Ground is covered with snow here so I’m putting out extra food for the birds - seeds and whatever fat I can find

2 Likes

Well done Mrs H, is that the Elsan clinic in Carcassonne ? I had my knee done in The Elsan clinic in Albi and they were great, 8 months on the new knee is amazing.

1 Like

No, the op was done in the main hospital in Montredon on the outskirts of Carcassonne. She was then transferred to the Clinic de Sud for rehabilitation. Should be leaving in about 1 hour to go pick her up. Glad the new knee is doing well for you. Hopefully it’s the same for Mrs H

Edit: The company is Elsan.

3 Likes

Our daughter and her family moved into their new home yesterday after years of living in a flat in central Munich.
It had been in the same family for fifty years, so complete rewire, sanding and polishing the parquet floors, repainting and installing a new kitchen and bathrooms.
One slight problem, the kitchen hasn’t been installed yet and the old one has gone.

5 Likes

I can still recall the joys of cooking on a 2-ring camping stove, with a microwave perched on top of a fridge… beside an old butler sink on four wonky legs… and only one tap… cold water of course…
and all this was in the living room/bedroom beside our campbed and suitcases… with the chop-it-up toilet sitting proudly beside the fireplace… aaargh… :rofl: :roll_eyes: :rofl:
and the cheerful news is… we survived… laughed our way through it… somehow.

@Jane_Williamson
Your family are just starting this big adventure and will have super memories to look back on.

5 Likes

I have several kilos I’d like to be rid of!

Thanks for the reminder. I’ll put out the fat balls.

2 Likes

More snow overnight. I haven’t seen any cars on the road, which is still white.
A low flying army helicopter flew past my window a few minutes ago. Perhaps there is more snow not so far away.

1 Like

We’re back to that! Surviving though… :smiley:

2 Likes

We had a new delivery of wood yesterday, already cut into 35cm lengths so I don’t have to wave the chainsaw around, I just have to move it into the woodshed later.
€45 a stere cut and delivered, so pleased with that and another delivery next week.

6 Likes

Well following the trauma of last night when the lights went out at 7pm and I hastily scrambled outside for some logs to get the long dormant fire going, what a wonderful scene this morning not seen by me for more than 24 years.

A big thank you to @SuePJ for suggesting a headlamp and so pleased I took the advice, how else would I struggle back into the house with an armful of logs? Thank goodness too that I put this old rubber boat over the logs from a dead tree I cut down a couple of years ago.

Lastly pleased to see that the roof space insulation is doing its job.

7 Likes

That’s excellent news @Griffin36 and a good price too … it’s about 50euros per stere here

2 Likes

Lovely pictures, @David_Spardo

3 Likes

I just went out to make a start shifting it, but it’s still -2C and it’s all stuck to the ground so it will have to wait until later :yum::laughing:

3 Likes

Any snow round our way Angela ?

We had a wonderful time playing in the snow until 7pm last night :rofl:

No work for me today, too dangerous to even get off our hill with all the snow and ice, let alone the 15km through steep, windy woods before the main road!

7 Likes

Oh and no electricity since 7.15 last night! Luckily we have some solar panels and batteries! And wood burners and gas cooker!

3 Likes

Yes but not very deep. The main problem is ice - there have been thaws during the day but nights are sub zero so it freezes. We’ve been creeping along icy lanes slooooowly…

Hopefully will have all gone when you get back. Are your pipes going to be ok?

Hi

Pipes should be Ok as we have left the heating on a frost setting.

Fingers crossed

1 Like

We are very tempted. Vita was just wonderful, we were so lucky to have her in our lives.