Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! šŸ™‚)

I am looking into the garden and the bright yellow of the forsythia lifts my spirits.
My treatment makes me tired and the sun on the golden yellow is wonderful.

3 Likes

Black kites, the milan noir, rather than the red kites that are predominant in the UK.

Yes I noticed the red squirrels here are particularly russet colour, much darker than I had seen photos of in the UK. They are also everywhere. I watched an article on TF1 13h recently about the invasion of racoons in the east of France, they were brought over in the 60ā€™s by american soldiers and let loose. Some have spread to the west also and are emptying peopleā€™s wheelie bins and enteringhouses via cat flaps. My family in Texas have them round most nights, they are called trash bandits there and sit outside house doors too trying to get food.

A most unwelcome visitor.
There are too many ā€˜incomersā€™ causing problems.
Japanese Knotweed which is on our verges and gets spread when the verges are ā€˜tidiedā€™.

It was rampant back in Bretagne and was just left alone to grow. Not seen any down here but probably not a heat lover.

Gustave is settling in and seems to be tolerated by the hens (they have stopped wiping the floor with him and they allow him to eat just after them) and less nervous of me too.

I enticed the hens with mealworms, I fear Gustave may be too stupid to recognise a good thing when he sees it.

8 Likes

Nothing more frightening than a gang of females.

5 Likes

I managed to get an appointment with my dentist for Wednesday.
Hoorah!
I need this before they increase the dosage for my cancer treatment as I already have days when I feel very tired and not well.
OK today though and very relieved as I have lost two bits of tooth.

5 Likes

Shannaā€™s first day completely off the lead this morning, only 4 days since arrival, no worries at all except for at one point she ran off over 100 metres away, but came straight back to a sit at my whistle and voice. She played for the first time with the Border Collie whose name I think is Ouaci, no idea of the spelling. Despite her age, 11 I think, she is very keen to play with my 2.

4 Likes

Its spring now officially so thought a change of hair colour would be nice. Bought one of those home kits and it was very easy. Now I have a transformed barnet for a tenth of a salon charge and done in a fraction of the time they take. Hope it dosnā€™t scare the grandchildren as is a bit extreme after the previous colour.

2 Likes

Well I settled down to sleep last night perfectly relaxed due to my previous post 2 doors up, but at 3am, in a deep sleep, I was awakened violently by Shanna stomping all over me and lashing my head with her tongue. Just like the first morning which I thought was a one off.

Very angry I turfed her out and shut the door, had to open the window too it was so hot. Took me an hour to get back to sleep but this morning I had a dim memory of another occasion, some years ago. That time it was Jules, but more politely, licking my face to wake me up. I relaised that there must be a special reason and got up and opened the back door before going back to bed . He went straight out and I knew then that he had an ā€˜urgenceā€™.

Sure enough, this time there was a caca in the veranda near that door and pool of pee on the kitchen tiles.

So why is this in the cheerful thread? Because, only 5 days in the house and without any such problems, she nevertheless tried her best when absolutely needed to alert me, albeit sadly in a very energetic fashion, and I felt really guilty at my anger and knee jerk banishment of her. In future I will make sure she goes out last thing, and leap out to open the door if it happens again. :smiley:

6 Likes

We have rain!

4 Likes

We donā€™t :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Lots of rain forecast for today here in Angleterre - Sodā€™s Law because I have to set up my stand at a Business Expo for tomorrow, and that will involve lots of to-ing and fro-ing from the car park to the venueā€¦

On the plus side (as this is the ā€œcheerfulā€ thread) the garage just phoned me to say that they are ā€œ90%ā€ sure my car will be fixed this morning and get through its MOT - itā€™s been off the road for a fortnight after failing the emissions test. It needed a new rear exhaust system, which was unavailable in the UK and had to be imported from Belgium (with the attendant customs charges and import duty of course). Thanks Honda and Brexit.

But with luck I will get it back this morning and can cancel my van hire, saving me Ā£100 squids.

ETA: It passed so I am mobile on 4 wheels againā€¦ Iā€™ve been doing a lot of motorcycling this past fortnight. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:crown::rofl:

Good for you.

Wow @ChrisK - Iā€™ve used FamilySearch a few times myself and they never tell me things like that, but then I do come from a VERY long line of poor agricultural workers :rofl:

One of the black sheep of our family, the other 2 are in California. :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

My 12th cousin, once removed. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be shouting from the rooftopsšŸ¤£

1 Like

@Shiba
Picture please!

1 Like