Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

So glad you are back safely! The UK is somewhere we are putting off visiting just at the moment, but then we don’t have family there, so that makes a difference!

We have just got back from our holiday at the same time the menuisier arrived to take measurements for the work he intends starting on Monday, the bois de chauffage chap said he was coming round in half an hour with 7 steres of wood, the local motoculture place said our brush cutter was ready to collect
 we are now kn*ckered :smiley:

Forget unpacking. Wine on the terrace, followed by food followed by an early night I think :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m in the UK at the moment, visiting family. Currently in western outskirts of London (Staines 
 upon thames don’t cha know). Was going to say “can’t wait to get back”, but that’s only partially true, as I’m having a great time travelling around the country visiting my far flung family, catching up, and all the other stuff. Just been to a French restaurant in Teddington. Very nice actually. We spent nearly 3 hours there, had lovely food, lovely convivial conversation and some very good IGP Languedoc wine. All in all a great evening. I’m currently sharing a bedroom with my older brother. He snores, and is snoring as I type this, but I don’t care as I love him, as I do all my family. Back to France on Tuesday, and I’ll not miss England, but I will miss my loved ones here. Ah well, we can’t have everything, can we. Night Night.

12 Likes

Glad you are having a nice trip - enjoy!

Thanks @toryroo , I will, and am :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:. I was a bit “tired and emotional” last night, hence the post. If you havent heard of the phrase before, type it into google.

1 Like

When we tell the press that creatives were just a bit “tired and emotional” it’s evolved a bit from just booze and generally means they’ve snorted half the total of Columbia’s annual cocaine production in one night and are now in the hospital trying to be brought down before we put them straight in The Priory, so I hope you were not that sort of tired and emotional last night :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It was meant entirely in the Private Eye way.

Edit : BTW, tonight is curry, Fleurie and more IGP Languedoc :crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

When I thought I’d eaten it all previously, today I found one more slice of chocolate cake left in the tin.

5 Likes

I’ve just put a pork belly with crackling in the oven , a bit late and realised I should have done the rub last night or this morning but heh ho it’s going to be YUM!

3 Likes

Too much’ grape juice’ him guessing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Correct. Of the fermented variety of course !!

1 Like

I found it!

Mais bien sur!

OMG the pork was amazing!!!

3 Likes

Cheerful news - from yesterday really - was that we went on what was supposed to be a two hour walk around the area as part of the Jours de Patrimoine programme, led by a local historian. It was absolutely fascinating (and took 4 hours so I slept really solidly last night -most unusual, so definitely another positive :smiley: )

The only difficulty was the communication - even with hearing aids I was struggling but I learned so much about the lives/treatment of Protestants in this area from 1500 onwards and how they were affected by e.g. Louis XIV. I had no idea that vast swathes of land in the Cotentin came under the sway of Monaco and the current Prince came here recently in recognition of this. So much to learn

3 Likes

What type of curry are you having if you are drinking Fleurie?
We went to Le Cep restaurant in Fleurie with the family when they were here in summer.
Excellent.
I am doing a lamb dhansak curry for Saturday lunch and will offer beer or a Maconnais Village.

1 Like

The major hospital for heart patients in Lyon is the Protestant Clinic.
There are very few churches in Macon and many Catholics came out into the surrounding countryside and became the Whites, they are Roman Catholics who do not recognise the authority of the
Pope.
In villages near us there are sections of the cemetery which are for ‘white’ burials.

Yes, @Jane_Williamson , I take you’re point. Fleurie is quite delicate and floral for a curry. We had that before the curry arrived, and then switched to an 'oc.

Having had my interview only 7 weeks ago was pleased to receive this email so quickly:

“Votre demande d’acquisition de la nationalitĂ© française a Ă©tĂ© transmise Ă  la sous-direction de l’accĂšs Ă  la nationalitĂ© française (SDANF).

Une dĂ©cision sera prise dans un dĂ©lai moyen estimĂ© Ă  6 mois.”

Apparently 6 months is hugely optimistic! More like a year, but doesn’t really matter as long as heading in the right direction!

11 Likes

That is seriously good news, Jane. Well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Reporting on what is good news here today (well yesterday really but it was late when we got in). We braved the local choir, which we had joined a couple of years back but it obviously stopped as soon as Covid got going. It has restarted in a much bigger venue, supplied by the Mairie, and everyone has a Vaccination Pass and wears a mask and the chairs are spaced more. It was SOOO very good to go back and start to sing again (difficult in a mask but hey ho). It had been our main way of getting to know people in the locality and it feels like we can get back to establishing relationships again. We both feel hugely encouraged
 :smiley:

6 Likes