Any cheerful news today? (Nothing negative please! 🙂)

Cyclingnews.com: Tour de France 2022 route revealed.
Tour de France 2022 route revealed | Cyclingnews

1 Like

Off to see my favourite person in all the world again tomorrow.
Coming back Monday (boo hiss)

It could become habit-forming :grin:

4 Likes

Hope you both have an absolutely wonderful time.
Take care…

1 Like

Oooooh. May go very close to my place on stage 15. Let’s hope.

Nowhere near us thank goodness.

Thank you Stella
I’m sure we will :grin:

1 Like

Our lovely neighbour has given us 2 portions of her delicious dessert “le pudding” .
I love it when she gets the urge to bake…

2 Likes

My lovely class that last week ended up in a full on fisty cuff brawl were very (well not very but no blood) well behaved today!

2 Likes

You can’t say this and not elaborate and give us all the ‘tea’ as the young people would say :joy:

2 Likes

Well, I asked on SF almost a year ago for advice about bread makers. Then I did nothing but ponder from time to time. But another year passed with still no solution. But this week I finally put my mind to it and came up with an idea for an early birthday present. I got a handsome Kenwood Kmix which does the job perfectly. Thanks, Jane Jones, for your input ! Here’s my first effort - panettone.

10 Likes

Tomorrow or the weekend! Need to bed to have the energy to deal with them again tomorrow!!! :rofl:

1 Like

That looks a splendid pannetone!

In the absence of readily available proper baguette over here, we’re addicted to Jim Lahey’s no knead bread. Barely any mixing, lots of leaving it alone, a quick fold and into the oven in a preheated cast iron pot. Superb if you like a very crisp crust, and an airy, holey and well flavoured interior.

1 Like

We have just got back from the hospital Macon and the good news that the nodules in my lungs are remaining stable.
It is such a beautiful day that I will finish off the blue pair of fingerless gloves outside.

11 Likes

Dog walk sunset.

8 Likes

Balloon festival in St Emilion this afternoon

7 Likes

My log burner is working particularly well after replacing the sealing rope on the front door.

2 Likes

I love visiting the St Emilion area… and what a lovely day for ballooning… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I won 100€!! Well 100€ worth of things from intersport - which since OH needs new boots is probably very useful!

10 Likes

I won €1 at Intermarche today :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I sent French Individual form to HMRC in May this year to claim Nil tax on my pensions and after a long wait I rang them to check on progress. I was told it would be dealt with by September!
I got a telephone call from HMRC last month to talk my claim through and the very pleasant lady I spoke to advised that if she didn’t call me again all would be sorted. She didn’t call back and neither have I had a letter from HMRC to tell me all is sorted.
What I did get today was a letter from my private pensions provider advising that a tax rebate was on it’s way so seems HMRC have put me on a No Tax code, today is a good day.:grin:
The only downside is that also in the post today was letter from impot advising me of payments due from 2020 tax year.:unamused:
At least I can enjoy having my UK tax rebate in my account for a short while before I pay my do,s to the Impot.