Autumnal photography - what have you got?

Finding subjects that are willing to have their photos taken is the biggest hurdle for me, when it comes to portrait.

Completely with you on that. Throughout my years in Asia I always felt it was a bit intrusive. I just settle for looking at other people’s work.

And sometimes it’s nice to know the story behind an image

1 Like

8 Likes

ummm given the other thread about La Chasse, you "sanitised’ that photo before posting, right? ie certain refs that are on it by default, removed

:thinking: you’ve flummoxed me on this one?
The photo was sent to me by a friend whilst out hiking, taken on her phone, I just copied it here.
I do however chasse all manner of wildlife and I am heavily armed, with a Nikon D500 and a bazooka of a lens 200~500mm. Even if my shots are not well aimed, everything lives another day.

3 Likes

I think @KarenLot may be referring to any geo data embedded in the pic. Don’t want the chasse to know where they are. Unfortunately, you gave the exact location :person_facepalming:

The local chasse know exactly where it is and that is protected.
I never use géolocalisation on my camera as would eat up the batteries on my phone and camera.
By the by, if anyone on here finds themselves in the neighbourhood this is an interesting place for 2 reasons one for the wildlife and the second the history of the resistance.

3 Likes

I didn’t think of that, I’ll run it through some software to have a peep.
Have since taken down the google geo ref, nearly Christmas and all that.

From this lunchtime - just about autumn still.

4 Likes

Looks like a gr8 place to spin for pike

Used to be some big carp in there, but not so many pike IIRC. I have seen people spinning, but jacks only.

Our village

5 Likes

Happiness… Big Boy and some of his Ladies… :+1:

5 Likes

November sunrise at Les Invalides

5 Likes

One of our favourite footpaths

13 Likes

That is gorgeous Fleur!

1 Like

yesterday’s sunset was glorious…

3 Likes

They call that a road, near me.
Seriously it’s the main way to a village 7km away, from a certain direction here signposted off the main road for cars.

2 Likes

The track is a bit narrow for anything but a donkey ! Tracks like this cross-cross the causse and used to be the ‘roads’ for mules and travellers . It takes me back to another age to walk on these paths between villages and hamlets. Some widen out in places, for itinerant shepherds and their flocks to rest or drink from an abreuvoir. It’s good to find that lots of these old tracks still exist. I find it very interesting to look at the 1811 Cadastre Napoléonien in the departmental archives to see how the roads and villages in the area have changed.

2 Likes

I go strolling with an elderly lady who was born here…
She and her family, neighbours, whoever… would walk these glorious old chemins…
the only way to get to school, to church, to visit friends/family… to go to the fields… wherever…

It’s been a wonderful experience, listening to her recounting the history of our countryside.

2 Likes