Be interesting to hear TMs response to Boris's remarks!

Basically I was wondering to myself what would happen if a woman wearing a covering garment wasn’t searched as it would offend her human rights, and she then went on to commit an atrocity ?
Don’t twist this Peter I have no issues with Muslims male or female

1 Like

Yes, point taken, no issues about that Véro, it’s long-thread “road-kill” :red_car::cry:

Oh dear, Nellie! Have I said women who wear a cover should not be searched if the are security grounds for doing so? My wife has to open her bag at IKEA and to remove her outer garments at the airport. All women do.

But we are here discussing whether all women should be required to remove a garment anywhere and always, and on what grounds. The idea that they may be concealing a bomb does not hold up. It has never happened in France or anywhere else in Europe, as far as I can see. Is removing women’s garments going to increase safety? Most bombers have been young men carrying explosives in backpacks or in hand-luggage. Massacres have involved vehicles, not floppy frocks! :frowning:

Oh I see. Don’t the police need a reason to search someone? If she was acting suspiciously or was suspected of a crime then, presumably, the police have a right to search her, or indeed anyone. Plus, of course, she would be searched by another woman in private.

I’m not sure that her attire has anything to do with it.

Can’t disagree with that. We are on the same page Nellie. Hurrah! :+1::grinning:

Isn’t it called the ‘ways and means’ act?

And show me where I have said that these garments should be removed anywhere and always . I have said that I feel uncomfortable with people ,anyone ,who have their faces covered .

2 Likes

It used to be :wink:

It may be in the UK, I thought we were talking about France.

Whizzo, Tim. I have a pal at Porton Down who knows how to synthesise authentic USSR style Novi-mustard and Novi-khrushchup ready for your bien-cuit retour !:plate_with_cutlery:

Ha!

That reminds me of a post on the old AI site about pretend Gendarmes on motorcycles stopping the English to impose false on the spot 90€ fines…

One one occasion, an AI correspondent mused that he had been stopped by a m/c Gendarme and said to him "but how do I know you are the real deal?" to which the Gendarme patted his gun and said "but Monsieur, I am the one with ze pistolette!"

I think he paid up!

If that's not 'ways and means' I don't know what is lol

He had the ways and if not complied with, the means...
1 Like

Bien entendu, les flics ont toujours le jeu le plus fort… :police_car::raised_back_of_hand::black_joker::confounded:

Liberals - Hypocrisy 101.

Grid girls - You can’t wear that, how dare you, ban them immediately, I’m offended.

The Burka (as the press call it) - How dare you tell women what they can and can’t wear.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

1 Like

A very interesting and clever juxtaposition, Mark. It gives much food for thought. I think the grid girls look very shy of the camera, none of them are looking at it, which people usually do when snapped. The women in black burka look very severe, to me. Not intimidating, but they definitely challenge my male assumptions of how a woman “should” look. Those are my assumptions, I recognise them as a such. They almost certainly don’t coincide with how women want to be seen by me, or any male stranger.

It’s a great reflective exercise in that respect, I congratulate you on this contribution :raised_back_of_hand::ok_hand::slightly_smiling_face:

They are not shy of the camera, it’s just a candid photograph, not posed: nobody said cheese.

1 Like

That makes sense, David. They might have been on a platform, looking down at fans.

He isn’t Jewish and his surname isn’t Netanyahu…he’s polish and I doubt he even has a toenail’s worth of compassion let alone a little toe…x :slight_smile:

(Edited to add that you strike me as having the same spirit as my feisty Scottish great aunt…she was almost 103 when she left physical…so by my calculation we could still be here on SFN in another 23 years time at least…x :smiley:)

2 Likes

Most of them are looking at something below them.

2 Likes

The Muslim women look defiant, and they seem in solidarity with each other too. They seem to be making a collective statement, and I don’t think it would be difficult to work out what it is.

We should guard against this kind of anti-semitic drivel. I’d expect some of your posts to be moderated unless you see fit to amend or delete yourself.