Boris Johnson - liar, fraud and just plain stupid

Beside himself with rage perhaps :thinking:
Probably ‘spaffed’ his breakfast up the new flock wallpaper in the kitchen :grinning:

Quite an impressive agreement if you can get someone else to pay for the decorating because you don’t like it!

2 Likes

To me it seems that Laura Kuenssberg is normally pro-Johnson - but I know a couple of people who support every lie he mutters and they think she is a terrible person constantly against Johnson.

https://action.goodlawproject.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=0169e4641bd4cbe1

Latest government avoidance in enforcing the ministerial code re Boris lies

1 Like

3 Likes

9 Likes

I think Nob used to vote Labour because his Dad told him to.
Nob, doesn’t have a mind of his own or bother to find out at least investigate some of what is being said to entice him to vote.

Who do you vote for though? The Tories have so wrecked the country that they deserve 0 seats but FPTP means that they can get an overwhelming parliamentary majority on about 40% of the vote and minor parties barely get a look in.

Right now the main thing is to get the Tories out - which really means supporting whoever is the second placed party in each constituency but I would really like a political system where we can vote *for* something we want, not be limited to vote for the least bad candidate.

5 Likes

This is getting interesting, reports of Steve Baker now calling for Johnson to resign, conservative MPs being sent home from the vote about referring the PM to the standards committee. It seems it’s getting dangerously close to going tits up for the PM.

Not a great time for him to have gone to India.

The Met have said they’ll now stay silent until after the local elections so it’ll be weeks before they’ll publicly announce any more fines so unless Johnson has a ‘conscience U-turn’ he might get through to the summer recess.

Quite likely he’s in for a drumming in the local elections.

Although most councils run my Labour anyway, so might not see many change hands.

being a hot place, they probably have lots of fridges :wink:

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

6pm BBC tv news I thought really put the boot in for Johnson.

1 Like

How very Russian, not coming out with the truth because it might influence an election!

stinks, doesn’t it…
I fear the hand of Pritti Awful is resting on the shoulder of the Deputy Commissioner with a warning… you want the top job? then suppress the further fines until I give you the special handshake…
Ted Hastings, Line of Duty: “Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey - Bent Coppers!”

They’re just following protocol which is ironic given that Johnson hasn’t.

1 Like

you have a reference to such “protocol”? I’ve never heard of it and I’ve been involved with a few elections (local and national) in my distant past.