Brexit Vote, what next!

I think I posted this in text format before Guy - surely it tells us all we need to know about who to vote for in this election?

3 Likes

The Party scores, by the way, were:

• Conservative MPs averaged 17%
  • Liberal Democrats averaged 51%
  • Labour averaged 86%
3 Likes

I hardly think so!

@Jane_Williamson indignantly replies:
“I hardly think so!”

You underestimate your own peculiar charm and influence on opinion, always so clearly expressed in your steely but fragrant prose :face_with_hand_over_mouth::smiley:

To paraphrase your everlasting TV nemesis [Benny Hill]× “You may be awful, but I like you!”

No need to deliver a tart riposte, Jane, I can well imagine it, and Mr W’s too! :japanese_ogre::joy:

×a senile error, see correction by @anon22869222 below…:roll_eyes:

Dick Emery

4 Likes
1 Like

My mistake again, I regret. The candle-flame of my intellect is fluttering and guttering…what’s to do, friends? :candle:

Should I closet my candle away where there are no draughts :toilet:, or give it a few irritable flicks to wax the wick from the miserable little puddle it stands in forlornly? :slightly_frowning_face:

Gosh, we are really going back a bit there …Kenny Everett (Benny Hill) and now Dick Emery, who will be next I wonder?:thinking:

Fatty Arbuckle

2 Likes

Qui?..Now you’ve lost me! (totally perdu) :laughing:

:walking_woman:t3: Just gonna google a friend…

Oh my! Mary that is really going back a bit :joy:

1 Like

It’s cheered me up to see BloJo is digging his own grave on a Rugby engineering factory production line with a 45 minute speech to the working man and woman sprinkled with references to Schroedinger’s Cat and “croutons in the minestrone soup”.

Meanwhile he was rapturously received in Fishlake where the minestrone-slurping, crouton-crunching minions and their intedeterminate philosophical cats are up to their knees in shit.

I think he better unleash his ‘killer-blow’ “onanism” revelation soon, to finish off the opposition once and for all.

I may of course be sorely mistaken. Time will tell.

I would be careful saying things like that Peter as it could be read as you thinking the ‘working man and woman ‘ is incapable of understanding philosophy or what croutons and minestrone are. I am certain you didn’t mean that at all and BoJos speech was not necessarily appropriate for the environment but still

Absolutely right, Mary, and just as you’re certain I don’t think the working man is a Neanderthal, so the working man is just as likely to see Johnson’s allusions as inappropriate and ill- considered in that setting.

What I think they want is not clichéd pantomime crap that patronises, but a strong, thoughtful analysis of our country’s future at a time of momentous change and existential uncertainty, one that engages their minds and harnesses their collaborative effort.

Did Johnson manage that? Bollocks he did.

He just tried to blag his way into their voting intentions. He’s increasingly setting himself up for pathetic failure all round, I think. So much so that I find myself wincing as he deflates and whimpers his excuses and apologies.

He knows he can’t anymore win over a crowd, and hold them in his hand. Maybe he should re-engineer the ‘stranded-on-a zip-wire’ stunt as a last throw of the dice.

Loser.

1 Like

What will you be voting for under the LD’s if they’re elected?

I’ll call the election result as;

1/ a majority for the Tories somewhere between 30 and 100 - I’ll go for 74
2/ SNP vote share down.
3/ Labour losing ground to all parties. Corbyn gone before Christmas.
4/ Lib Dems on 50-80 seats.
5/ Brexit party with 0-5 seats. I’ll go for 3 wins from Labour.
6/ Greens on 1 - Brighton :slight_smile:

We can revisit forecasts after results are in.

Well said Bob

2 Likes

1 - Tory majority 56 seats
2 - SNP vote stable
3 - Lab losing 34 seats - Leadership election in february
4 - Lib Dems 35 seats
5 - Brexit with 3 seats
6 - Greens, who cares ?

1 Like

When you belong to a political party it would be amazing if you believed in everything that is in their manifesto.

I am one of so many people now who have seen their natural home turned into an extremist party and I want to defeat Brexit for all of the UK citizens living in the EU who will lose established rights when we came to live here.

Benny Hill, Reg Varney etc…

Buster Keaton, Oliver Hardy, Stan Laurel, Danny Kaye, Charlie Chaplin, George Formby, Norman Wisdom, Kenneth Horne, Richard Murdoch, Tommy Handley, Mr Bean, Boris Johnson…

How the times change!

How we laughed! :hugs: And how it fades…