Brexit Vote, what next!

Amber Rudd abstained, and possibly 3 other Cabinet ministers she may have to resign.

Rumour is that if they only abstained, they will keep their job.

Yes just hearing that but that makes it very hard for May.

Same time tomorrow?:grinning:

Yes i agree Guardian journalism is unbelievable!

3 Likes
  1. My French wife has been abused and threatened in the street - purely because she is French - by a Leave voting protester outside the Redditch Town Hall. She was walking past and speaking with her mother on the phone - in French naturally - and this knuckle-dragger followed her shouting abuse and telling her that she should pack her bags before she is deported. I would say that this is probably the biggest part of the shit-storm that this whole sorry debacle has created.

2. The loss of a substantial sum of money because of the result of the referendum when purchasing our house in France. You will say that there was no loss but you will be wrong. When your life in later years is budgeted a certain way and, in this case, an event happens that is totally unneccessary that affects that plan, then I think I am entitled to blame that totally uneccessary event dont you?

But number 1 above is, above all the main reason why I despise all Leave voters - sorry, but that is the way I feel.

8 Likes

Europe is gardening against us
What does that mean?
I don’t think Europe is doing anything against the UK, the UK government has been doing a very effective demolition job all by itself.

3 Likes

All the leaver ‘we aren’t racist xenophobes etc etc’ is so disingenuous - not all or even most leavers are racists and xenophobes but I bet all or most racists and xenophobes are leavers.

5 Likes

Truly sorry to hear that Carl, completely unacceptable behaviour.

6 Likes

Carl I am so sorry to hear about this. It is shameful.

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely disgraceful and sadly your wife is one of many that no doubt receive abuse.
On a lighter note my french registered car received a parking ticket in Tunbridge Wells a couple of days ago(I’d paid). Now I’m not saying the enforcement officer was definitely a leaver but…

1 Like

Don’t apologise, Carl - you are being perfectly reasonable.

But here’s a thought - is Brexit the cause or were they always arseholes?

I fully appreciate this is on a survive France forum and i am sad that your wife was abused by some moron. In purchasing my holiday home also cost me £10000 more to buy as a result of poor exchange rate. But how sad that you and others on here despise leave voters the name calling and sometimes abuse anyone would think i was a Nazi

1 Like

Should of said hardening not gardening sorry I’m not blaming Europe in the least I think they should harden their stance towards our MP’s to make them realise the real options I fully support them only providing an extension if there is something new to discuss the country does not want more of the same crap.

Sorry Guy on re reading your post i believe you where calling the moron who abuseds carls wife an Arsehole so if that was the case i apologise.

I apologise if I tarred all Leave supporters with the same brush - I should know better than to do that.

But when what I have read and heard comes that close to personal, judgement will become a little cloudy.

I retract what I said about despising all Leave voters.

3 Likes

When did Guy call you an arsehole?

Guy - I dont think Brexit was the cause of him being an arsehole. He has just latched on to something that he can, in his opinion, vent his ‘anger and frustration’ through. When you join the dots between Farage, Tommy Robinson, Rees-Bog etc. - the common denominator is the foot-soldier Flo encountered.

Thank you carl. This is a forum and all peoples opinions deserve a listen, even if we dont agree. Like i said nothing excuses abuse and should be dealt with.

I have to say - only 43 votes was a way tighter margin than I expected, though slightly surprised that the Spelman/Dromey amendment got through, albeit by a very slim majority.

Genuinely not sure which way the extension vote will go tomorrow.