Brexit Vote, what next!

Yes Bob, I’m 49 going on 12!! I have the patience of a bored child unfortunately. :scream:

EU citizens living in the UK
16&17 year olds
British expats who have been living abroad for more than 15 years

All groups with an interest in the outcome

None were allowed to vote.

1 Like

Recent polls suggest that there is a smallish majority to Remain but interestingly the number of ‘don’t knows’ is now nearly a third, shows how things have changed in three years.

1 Like

Afternoon Paul So people that where not eligible then!

“Not eligible” is precisely the problem, any government calling a referendum can also set out the terms of eligibility, and they didn’t, how fair is a vote affecting certain groups of people directly, when those groups of people aren’t allowed to vote?
The same applies to everything else involved in this shambles, the people in charge didn’t think.

3 Likes

Afternoon Veronique, Their has always been rules for elections and these that Paul Quotes seem sensible enough where would the rules end? If remain would have won would you be calling for a re-run?

Farage made it clear that he would.

2 Likes

Rather than procrastinating what another referendum may or may not achieve as a result - lets just do it as a binding result of May’s Deal (there is no other deliverable deal) or Remain.

We can then either get on with it or move on with life still in the EU.

As has been demonstrated time and time again what was promised during the last referendum was not deliverable there would be far less predictions of this or that may or may not be possible. With such a big decision it must have the backing of the electorate NOW not 3 years ago.

2 Likes

More fool him then, i would have accepted the result and got on with my life.

From DT earlier,

3 Likes

Not really sure just how representative of the ‘wider’ public view question time actually represents.
In the past, audience selection was very much based on the ‘rent a crowd’ principle to maximise viewing effect rather than be a true representation of public opinion.

4 Likes

How could you ask the public to vote on TM’s deal when it’s already been defeated twice in parliament?

Afternoon Graham, but the question was would you vote differently if given the chance again and i think the result would be very similar, unless you allow people that are not eligible to vote vote.

Perhaps they shouldn’t be at university then.

1 Like

Afternoon Catharine, so you think young adults that are not particularly interested in politics should not go to university? What a world we live in.

You are not acknowledging the elephant in the room. Brexit as understood by leave voters (with the exception of disaster capitalists) is undeliverable.

2 Likes

I don’t think that there is any other deal possible that would be accepted by UK and EU.

It may be that they just don’t want to talk to you about politics. Teenagers are not particularly interested in talking to older folk about serious matters they find us embarrassing.

1 Like

Afternoon Marijke, did you vote leave? do you understand what all leave voters want? why is brexit undeliverable?

The reason Brexit will not happen on the 29th is because the remain have not accepted the result, so it will just drag on and on.

My genuine wish is the Referendum never happened.

I do think another referendum is a possible way to end this once and for all - otherwise this is going to drag on forever.