Calling all Budding Junior Photographers

Hi Val just read through your text, excellent!. I wonder though if the 'Image' group needs to be age specific at all?

I wonder also if we should avoid terms such as 'club' rather than Pages or Group...

No, it's OK Valerie I have the Pics, and some more from Gabi,

Thank you for draft text, I'll drop it in later.

I do have the photos, some of the night-time shots are brilliant.

Hi Ron, don't know if you've received the photos successfully - hope so, I've sent them twice. In case there's an email problem, I'm attaching some draft text for the ImagINe and ShutterBugs groups for comment/amendment/approval by the Committee if needed. Please let me know about the photos, otherwise I'll post them here. Thanks matey.

I re-sent the photos about 10 or 15 mins ago. Let me know if they still don't pitch up - I'm not receiving any notification to say 'failed'. I'm just writing out some text which I'll send over to you as soon as it's done so you can have a butchers.

regarding the second para? I guess you are referring to ' call for entries?' There is an indication on the Front Page... Highlighting the 'Young Photgrphers' section. We can make announcements on those Pages, say a FLASH graphic. Entries can be Posted here and as suggested by Catharine voted on here too.

I tried clicking on the text but kept getting the image only. Never mind I'll keep plugging at it. I'm nothing if not stubborn, ha!

Re Shaun's photos - I just came in here to doublecheck your email address and found your (above) post. I sent the photos at 11pm ish last night and it doesn't say undelivered so am now forwarding the email to 'caption' again. Let me know if they don't pitch up and I'll just upload them into SFN somewhere and you can go grab them.

Hi, to view the pic larger, simply click in it. Send any text to me ( email text is fine, or Word Doc if you wish ) at caption@hotmail.fr, I will forward completed page proofs to Sheila for proofing and editing.

The layout looks great and the buggy camera's fab. How do we submit text (or to whom) and approximate word count that will fit? Being an eejit, I haven't yet managed to zoom on the ShutterBugs page so can't read it. Ha ha ha, I'm hopeless. Couldn't see it on the FB page either. I seriously need more coffee.

We'll need to retain part of the introduction for all editions but what do you think would work best to highlight the monthly theme - a separate text box or 'big and bold' at the end of the first panel?

as far as I am aware, no competition for Young Photographers has been launched. I had envisaged a 'call for entiries' in the Mag itself: hence this 'page Layout' which has been sent to Valerie, and I hope the others on the committee.

The Facebook page is as per this link. I shall upload the pic below to illustrate. Posting 'page proofs' online has been discouraged.

@Catharine and others.

Here is a list of the Darkroom Online Magazine proposed Content which Highlights the Committee Members

Admin: James and Catharine Higginson

OFC ( Mike Staubes )

IFC

Intro ( Sheila Walshe-Black More ) ( Editor/Committee )

Contents ( link backs to Exhibitors' profiles )

4pp Spread FOCUS on Mike Staubs

DPS Stuart Wilson

DPS Karen Boyd ( Committee/ FaceBook Admin )

DPS Guest Exhibitor

DPS Neil Whitehouse ( Committee )

DPS Carol Ann Alexander Nicholls ( committee )

4-6 pp Pull out 'Young Photographers' Valerie Skinner ( Committee )

DPS Isobel Brookes

DPS Ron Birks ( Production/committee FB Admin )

DPS Eric-Otto

TBA Spot the difference, product review.

IBC

OBC ( Advertisement )

How quaint!

Stage 1. Scan the pics as hi res as you can do, up to 300dpi, and mail them to me unbalanced at

caption@hotmail.fr

Stage 2. Buy the boy a digital camera.

@ Valerie and Catharine

Yes, a list showing the committee members is on the this thread entitled Photography Magazine. Go to page Eight. Karen Boyd is also now on board and is Co Admin on the Darkroom FaceBook Page. Please note anyone can upload to the FB page if they are ADMIN, I have to invite you and need either your email Address or we have to be FaceBook friends. See Naldi Birks

I think there's a list of committee members on the intro to the Photo Magazine discussion but would have to re-read. I know Sheila's The Editor, good on her.

Yes about the platform, otherwise people (like me, who had to ask!) won't know where to submit their works of art. I know James has a 'random image' link for critique - perhaps something like that specifically for the mags?

Perhaps it would be better if we could upload to a platform (SFN springs to mind!) so that everyone on the "committee" can judge?

And on that subject, would be good to know who is on the committee? And maybe set up a "committee" like the Arts group mag one? I'm thinking nominations?

Hiya,

Ron told me 4 a couple of days ago - don't know if they include any of Twerp's and have no details as to content, age etc - can't wait to see them. Am actually uploading some now to email direct to Ron.

And again - "How many have we got then? And what age?"

mail them straight to me, please.

How many have we got then? And what age?

From Twerp? Topping & tailing them now. Am I emailing them to you or just uploading to SFN?