Carte de sejour Nigella's dad and I are applying!

It’s why I get up in the morning, let me at least have that.:grinning:

to clean swimming pools.

hahahaha I get up when the dogs start barking, either that or id be cleaning up poop

You should be up before the dogs begin to bark. You need to take care of their breakfast and walk them.

one dog started barking at 5 am this morning I got up let them out for a poo, they went back to bed and so did I.

I think being up till after midnight and getting back up at 7am to let dogs out is more than enough.

Most kennels (that charge a higher rate than me) start at 9 am and finish a 9 pm and for most of the day dogs are shut in cages.

Here they are free for around 15 hours or more a day.

1 Like

ah so that is why you are grumpy!
Not enough sleep.
Now you know why I prefer cats.

more than enough. I have been surviving on 4 hours sleep a night since I was a teenager. I enter a extremely deep sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. If I went to bed at midnight i would be awake by 4;30 at the latest.

I got to bed around 1am to 2 am and am normally up by 6am. People waste way too much time sleeping.

Although this is very off topic someones going to end up reporting all our posts as off topic.

So Harry, you don’t mind being called Grumpy :wink:

More interesting than Brexit tho’!

I reckon there will always be folk who do not fully understand or appreciate the nuances of a Post or Reply…:zipper_mouth_face:

That certainly seems to be happening here, on this Thread…:

To return to the Original … who is applying, along with Nigella’s Dad ??

(Ha ha… Just seen Harry’s remark about off-topic… our replies have crossed in the mail… :relaxed:)

1 Like

You still don’t get the reason that I posted that link. That is a fact.

Gumpy is a word which retains an element of humour and childhood fantasy.
Grumpy was one of the 7 dwarfs who helped to bring some fun into our lives when we were children.

‘People waste too much time sleeping.’
Where is your evidence to support this outrageous statement?

That comment in a way could be deemed insulting.

Unless I get told otherwise I don’t see the need to stop ‘leg pulling’ as humour is often the best way to diffuse an argument, if you look back many of my posts are ‘self-deprecating’.

2 Likes

Now then Harry… folk need sleep. The fact that you “survive” on 4 hours does not mean that other folk who sleep longer are wasting time.

Personally, I need between 6 and 8 hours sleep. I can “survive” on less… and have done in emergency situations… but my body needs its proper rest…and that is a fact!

1 Like

The Oxford English Dictionary defines Grumpy as being bad tempered and irritable. It of course does have it’s links to one of the vertically challenged characters in children’s stories.
My remark was made in a lighthearted fashion :slight_smile:

You quite clearly referred to someone being called Grumpy which is quite different to saying that they are grumpy. :slight_smile:

no as its a true fact, I am a grumpy git with people but happy with dogs.

So there we are.

well its my personal opinion and I did not in anyway claim it to be fact.

See that is the difference, between FACT and OPINION. in my opinion sleep is over rated. your average person sleeps between 7 and 8 hours a day. you r deeper sleepers tend to sleep much less. the lighter sleepers tend to need more as they have disturbed sleep so never get enough rest.

The reasons people need more sleep is often it takes people long times to get to sleep so that initial going to sleep and slow wake up is factored into their sleep time. My wife takes an hour to get to sleep and is very easily disturbed. and requires 8 hours of sleep.

Now if we look to sleep studies which ive done and been part of many of them as i suffer from sleep apnea as well, including REM studies and other sleeping patterns.

So I base my surce on what I have personally learnt as a NURSE regarding sleep and sleep patterns, regular and irregular.

Sleep is over rated.