Carte De Sejour, online, in october, from Gouv.fr by

A misunderstanding, John. I “own the topic”… Inasmuch as it …clearly , will reflect " my" point of view, and is likely to contain my thoughts!
So, for anyone who fails to notice that, I point it out!
You are more than welcome to read whatever you want to read, but on “my” topic, I must tell you I am likely to reappear, with more of MY own thoughts, at any time. :fearful: :fearful: :joy:. :fearful: you have already said I am boring? Or something similar, which is fine. My being boring, will perhaps trouble you!

1 Like

I’ve been following this thread and have to admit I’m totally bamboozled. As I understand Jeanette has dual citizenship and holds British and a German passport. I’m confused about her healthcare as I’m not sure if she’s retired or working. She mentions an S1 and although I’m no expert I have looked into spending an extended period in Europe and understand that this means she is in receipt of a Brutish pension and Britain pays for her medical services. In other places she says that she is a working artist who specializes in selling her work in Japan. If so, does that mean that she is still actively employed and pays social charges from her income to cover her healthcare?

As I understand it Jeanette has no worries about her ability to reside in France as her German nationality has that base covered. I can understand her concerns about healthcare because when we enquired it appeared to be a minefield, a potentially expensive minefield. What I do remember was that entering the French health system was straightforward for workers, in my case that meant arriving with a job and the correct visa.

Jeanette, are you in receipt of a retirement pension and an S1 from Britain or are you working and receiving the S1 for some other reason? (I believe there are other avenues to receiving this cover) If you are worried about losing your paid for healthcare I understand your concern but surely there must be thousands of other people in your position, or in fact in a worse position as they are not only worried about their medical care provision but also about their right to stay in France as they do not have a second citizenship to rely on and do not yet know what visa they will need to stay living in their own homes.

1 Like

Paul, thank you. From my POV, it is interesting, because whatever happens, even the worst, I can probably manage the outcome well enough…
However, no, I really do not make my own life more difficult than necessary.
Everyone seems to imagine that certain circumstances are fail safe. But that is not the case. It is a mistake.
23 years, CPAM/S1. Not 2/3/4.
People believe what they want to believe, I certainly do not hope to believe anything but… that I have the choice to stay here, if I wish.

Thank you. I will reply later.

In case there are people out there who have questions to be answered who have not tried these guys…they offer some excellent, careful responses European Commission… enquiries/complaints dept…

https://ec.europa.eu/eu-rights/enquiry-complaint-form/nextpage?origin=yec_residence&languageCode=en&uuid=8c4212aa84435c3acec636a8b612f050&redirectTo=yea

Thank you, Dusty M, for thinking about any of it!!!

First, at no time,have I suggested that my own case is unique, of course, it is not!
That my dual nationality, is some kind of guarantee…, so far, still looks doubtful. … Inspite of the counsel offered so far, on SF, which has not been backed up by legal information I have received.

For EU citizens…a quote.

" It’s no longer a requirement to register as a French resident at your local mairie (town hall) within three months of living in France, as long as you possess a valid EU passport and are either employed, self-employed, a student, a family member of an EU, or unemployed with proof of financial means (if you are under 65, you must have EUR 537 per month if you are single with no children, and EUR 805 if you are a couple with no children; rate increase for each additional number of children.
Rates for those over 65 are EUR 805
1247 if you are a couple).

My guess is, that there must be many *over 65 year olds"… whose income is nowhere near 800+ Euros.!!
And, yes! Of course, as you say, who have no hope at all, of whatever security a second nationality, might afford.

I have checked with the Impots dept of my region, to make absolutely sure, that I am not in debt or in error, regarding social services payments.

I am identified as a micro entrepreneur, self employed.
I have two sources of income. A ‘self employed’ Brit govt., old age pension. Plus income which fluctuates each year, sometimes very low, sometimes much more, but never to tax level. From art sales.
My company in Japan, is doing better now, so I may, without trying, meet the 800 requirement, THIS year. No guarantee for any other years!

I simply do not have any use for 800+ Euros per month.
Yes …I have always been a part of the S1 UK attestation plus French insurance top up healthcare system, for 24 years.
No. I have not had any use for it except occasional minor ailments.
So, when UK removes its health funding, and perhaps pension increments, too. It will be necessary to find health insurance from somewhere! Or, there will be no legal residency.
Yes of course…
…if I am accepted as a ‘European’, in France, approved as required, in the paragraph above
…just like all other EU citizens MAY be, with similar self employed status…
No problem!
Will that approved status be granted to us all?
All xyz thousand, EU, over sixty five year olds!?
What do you think?!!
You are quite sure that France will welcome how ever many potentially dependent, EU, elderly people, into its welfare system, whatever nationality they have as a second?
If you are, then you are sure to feel tranquil on their, and my, behalf. :smiley:

Jeanette, are you applying for a CDS via your UK or German citizenship?

2 Likes

…hello Tim…I’m doing as instructed, by the Prefet after my first rdv.
That was, to …
To be honest…I’m not sure…I have simply * followed instructions*
that included a statement made about being…
“was UK citizen, becoming German”
For second rdv.
(First rdv, my germ. passport hadn’t arrived).
I took the German declaration of citizenship, from the embassy, but they wanted a passport, so that was no use…)

I thought it best to explain I was always German, (grandparents)…not “becoming German” except via the bits of paper…)

There was a very long wait. Summer holiday I suppose.
Then two more application forms, to be printed and filled in, with another rdv. date fixed for the end of November. :expressionless:

Hang on though, you have lived here for more than 5 years en règle haven’t you? Because if so there is no condition of revenue for you to stay in France. I have the impression we have had this exact conversation before!

9 Likes

Oh yes! We have indeed.

3 Likes

…Vero, sad to say the conversations I have been glad to read here, do not match up with info from any legal department that has offered information …
…so, who to accept as best source? Last message I had from EU advice, was to tell me that …yes, the possibility of being turned down because of low income, was real, but if I was refused permission to stay, I might bump my income up to an acceptable level, by letting out my house, and applying again.
No use at all, of course, there would be nowhere to work, no workshop/atelier… so no income.
I thought at first, oh jolly good, everyone says I don’t need a CDs…but then, how to sign on with the health care dept, if not legally resident, according to requirements. ,800e per month.
I can be sure of nothing. If you say, you and others KNOW the truth of the matter, I’m still likely, according to info, to be turned down. I can’t just put their application form into my rocket stove, because then that would obliterate health care. (I think).

Cat, its OK to switch it off if you think best. However, I do not think that the legal Depts are giving me wrong information. Whatever all S-E ffers believe to be the facts of the matter.

Which ‘legal departments’ are you referring to?

1 Like

→ Le droit au séjour permanent

Un ressortissant européen obtient un droit au séjour permanent s’il a résidé de manière légale et ininterrompue pendant 5 années en France c’est-à-dire s’il a rempli pendant 5 années les conditions pour obtenir le droit au séjour.

La circulaire du 10 septembre 2010 précise que la présentation d’un titre de séjour n’est pas une preuve suffisante pour établir l’effectivité et la continuité du droit au séjour. Tous les modes de preuves sont admis.

Sous certaines conditions, ce délai d’attente peut être réduit.

1 Like

LE SÉJOUR DES RESSORTISSANTS DE L’UNION EUROPÉENNE ET DES MEMBRES DE LEUR FAMILLE

Les textes applicables :

Articles L 121-1 à L 122-3 du Code de l’entrée et du séjour des étrangers et du droit d’asile (CESEDA)

Articles R 121-1 à article R 122-5 du CESEDA (partie réglementaire)

1 Like

I hope the links work!

2 Likes

Me too Vero - There are a few of us on here who have been trying to reassure Jeanette but without success. Perhaps it might be best if this thread was closed and locked otherwise we will all go around in ever decreasing circles - I think most if us have received Jeanette’s message very loud and very clear - Do we really need to hear it again.

2 Likes

You are all very kind to think about it. Thank you very much.
Dan, @Dan_Wood …you introduce a more personalised, somewhat darker view, which I decided was worth closer examination.
That’s to say, to what extent does anyone’s individual feelings and circumstances, affect conclusions when dealing with government paperwork/bureaucracy?
it was a good idea to reconsider events from that point of view!
Thank you for your thoughts, I read your previous posts, again, and I appreciate the trouble you took.

Vero, thank you, I use instant translate, for all documents, it isn’t perfect, but it is good enough. The moot point seems to be this one -

"Unless its presence constitutes a threat to public order, every citizen of the European Union, every national of another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation has the right to stay in Europe. France for a period exceeding three months if it meets one of the following conditions:

1 ° If he has a professional activity in France;

2 ° If he provides for himself and his family members as referred to in 4 ° sufficient resources so as not to become a burden for the social assistance system, as well as health insurance"

“Providing for oneself” , is given no precise " price" in that statement.

It is given in different documents, as appropriate. I can find that again.

Initially, first rdv, Five years tax declarations were said to be essential, there was no interest at all in other proof of continued residence.

Since then, I understand, that that is not a legal requirement, and other evidence must be accepted.
However,
The difficulty seems to me to be, in the continuing/ongoing thread of the "idea’ behind the requirement, ie the part that allows for different, individual judgements, about individual applicants to be made.

Cat, thank you for your patience.
I keep thinking, Hooray! Yes of course it is all ok.!
But then I can find nothing in any of the French paperwork, that actually guarantees, that in certain circumstances, as described by posters, everything really will be OK.
Then asking for legal advice, so far, tends to reinforce the view that it is not OK.
My Legal advice comes from two main sources. Plus the online group RIFT (remain in france together), very informative in most aspects. Then, the link I posted https://ec.europa.eu/eu-rights/enquiry-complaint-form/nextpage?origin=yec_residence&languageCode=en&uuid=8c4212aa84435c3acec636a8b612f050&redirectTo=yea
… its responses are supplied by lawyers, a lot of different people. Always within one week of any question asked.
One of those responses advised that I could have extra help from a local/regional, human rights lawyer, and I contacted one, who phoned me and discussed everything I asked her. All communication in French, I’m not an ace, in French conversation.