Carte de Sejour - what's the latest?

Also… using FB means you are supporting Mr Zuckerberg and Mr H is far more palatable!

4 Likes

Strange, I have not seen one advert ever withIn a FB group. I find FB a great resource and always find it amusing that the critics of it are the ones who have little or no knowledge of it.
I have made my point and am not going to get into a pointless argument with those who think differently. FB is a fantastic resource for me and many others who share my interests and who are looking for expert advice in niche areas eg exchanging driving licences.

Surely it’s easy enough to support both.

1 Like

Surely it’s better to source information from a variety of sources to ensure veracity rather than rely solely on the likes of FB or worse still Twitter?

3 Likes

did you mean variety Tim?

I wasn’t criticising the content of FB Groups just the actual mechanics of using them. I have used nicely designed bulletin board & forum software for 30 years or more & in comparison the FB UI is crude & unwieldy. It’s very hard to find old threads & searching the group is very limited. Just compare searching this forum where I can specify an author, a date range, search title or body etc etc None of this is available in a FB group in fact threads don’t even have titles & there is no way of categorising topics as in this forum eg Coronavirus, Brexit etc

1 Like

No, ‘veracity’ means accuracy/truthfulness.

2 Likes

that is probably be true - but doesn’t make them front-runners in ‘facts’

Ooh Jane, please I’m interested, what’s the name/address ? Had it not been for lockdown, I would have been in Munich twice already this year.

They look like Nürnburgers. Much as I like Sauerkraut, I’d rather eat them with Käsespätzle and Pfifferlinge :smiley:

I can’t remember the name, but it is by the Opera House.
I am sure you will be able to find it, it is supposed to be the oldest restaurant in Munich.

Spatenhaus (am Oper) seems a likely candidate.
In all my years of dining in and around Munich, I can honestly say I’ve never been here - one to look up next time !

Oh for goodness sake!!! It was a flippant comment.
Depending on what you were trying to infer, could I possibly request that you either please, please, please , A) lighten up or B) start using emoticons. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m sorry you misunderstood my very lighthearted reply.

Surely, freedom of movement within the EU guaranteed that I could live in Germany.
I don’t want to move unless absolutely necessary, but if I am left alone I want to be with my family.

No, all it guaranteed was/is that you could go to Germany for 3 months and apply for a resident permit to stay there. Germany has always been stricter than France about who is allowed to stay. You could never just go and live there without completing an administrative procedure. France was very unusual in allowing EU nationals to settle without any registration process, requirement to show they would not be a burden on the state, and proof of basic language skills.

I did try to explain this to you about a year ago, but obviously wasn’t clear.

not easy, but if it is that important to you jane, then maybe doing some basic beginner’s german language course (or self-study) might be a good idea - and even an interest; that sounds as if it could be the main hurdle to overcome; plus of course more than a bit useful if you did end up there;
i realised with a bit of a shock how complacent i had become with my basic spoken french and how would i really cope on my own, following my accident and if it had been my wife and not me; i am now revising like mad; fortunately my reading level is good, and the deafness remains a problem, but verbal skills are still vital; masks don’t help either!
how does your husband feel about it - studying together is easier - and there are no guarantees about who goes first in a marriage; he could be the one facing the question;
now tell me something good about being old!

Well I hope Jane and her husband stay fit and well and never need to call on this option! But if it came to it, Germany is very family orientated and would most likely grant residence to an elderly dependent relative with daughter as a sponsor.

2 Likes

That is good news.

2 Likes