CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

Just for interest - I have communicated with The Local this morning, who were reporting the extension to the June deadline yesterday, in order to pass on the British Embassy view, and this is what she said…

Blockquote
Yes, we spoke to the Embassy yesterday and we’re aware of their position, but the extension has been confirmed directly to us by the Interior Ministry. It’s confusing, I agree, with different people saying different things but we can only really go with what the French government tell us, since the final decision is theirs.
Obviously our advice to people is not to delay their application, regardless of any extension, but to get it done as soon as possible.
We will update this story as soon as there is any more information or once the official decree is published on an extension, which we understand is coming in the next few days.

1 Like

So on… off…on…again for WA Carte de Sejour extension to application date . A bit like driving licences ? Are we on or off again for driving licences now… I forget. Oh wait, there’ll be another announcement next week. So it could be on again. Or off again. Or is it off again. Then on again. I forget. :slight_smile:

Being serious though, the British Embassy did the right thing yesterday continuing to emphasise the worst of the 2 dates… for the protection of Brits still needing to apply.

At least that still gives us time to think about isolated Brits we may know or come into contact with who might not be aware they really, really need to apply. Plus it keeps the lovely @toryroo employed a bit longer!

Also decent of France. Faced with an overload of applications to process in a lot of places, they have not just given themselves more time to process, lessening any anxiety approaching 1st October for those who wouldn’t quite have received their WA Carte de Sejour in time, they have also kindly extended the application deadline too.

Thank you France.

3 Likes

Wife and I applied for our CdeS within 10 minutes of each other in late Dec (dept 22) she got email on Thursday saying accepted and a date to go to Prefecture would be sent.
I am still awaiting such an email, is this not unusual or should I be concerned that some how the email to me has gone AWOL.
I do look at emails diligently and nothing has been in spam.
Has anybody else experienced similar?

check your junk (bulk mail) email boxes…

1 Like

Do that as i said!

Had you linked the two applications? As if so it seems it’s usual to get RDV together (we did). If not then luck of the draw and the dossiers can be treated in a seemingly random order.

We had one email addressed to both of us. Went for the rdv and the woman behind the desk said it was just for my OH, but as I was there she did it immediately.

2 Likes

don’t think so except they are of course to same address and had some common paperwork. Didn’t know you could do that

There was a box at the end where you could add notes and observations. I did OHs first and then added his reference number and details to mine.

Since you didn’t then I imagine it is just bad luck that yours have not been dealt with together. Probably a banal reason - Pierre was dealing with applications 400 to 425 and yours was 426 so it went to Johann who only works part time…?

Very much doubt that there’s anything suspicious.

John, your wife could reply to that email, explain that due to travel reasons she would like to have her appointment at the same time as yours to save making the trip twice and give your application number. You need to do it in French - if you can’t manage DeepL is very good fro translating (keep your sentences short though!).

1 Like

Hi could I ask how long your cards are valid for? Is it just 5 or 10 year cards being issued?

5 years if you have lived her less than 5 years. 10 years if you have lived her more than 5 years or are applying as the partner of a French national.

1 Like

Any news on the WA CdS application date being extended? Is it official?

No no news, everything still saying the 30th June :scream:

Must say, I’ve not seen any compelling argument to extend the Application Deadline…

On the other hand, delaying the October date when cards should be in one’s hands… that would seem like a good idea as so many areas might well be struggling to meet demand (I reckon).

1 Like

I agree exactly with Stella there - I think the Prefectures will struggle to manage to get cards out by 1st October

and have they started the card date from the date of application ?

My card date expires 10 years after my interview/the card was printed/delivered to me… in my hot little hand…

I applied in 2019, but got my appointment for fingerprints in 2020 and a short while later, the card itself… so it bears the expiry date in 2030…

So that’s it. July 1st. Complete confusion as to whether you can still apply for a WA CDS or whether if you’ve not done so you’ve missed the chance. Some prefectures say yes, some say nothing, no word from the ministry of the interior, and the British embassy say no. I wonder if today will bring any clarity to the issue.

Time to get the popcorn and pull up a chair…

The British Embassy and any relevant departments of UK Govt prob needed to dismantle any project teams for this on 30th June? I imagine that was their date for disinvestment.