Crit'Air cert

It’s a French form it doesn’t have to make sense. :slight_smile:

As I mentioned it may be asking for the Co2 value because that’s what is listed on the registration document, whereas NO2 etc. is not. But I am not a French bureaucrat so can’t say for sure.

As for your Dutch reg doc I would guess they can look up the type of engine and the date of registration and derive the Euro category from that, as in the RAC web page that I linked to above.

Does the crit air last as long as the sticker lasts? Being mine is a Jap import, I managed to find a CO2 figure somewhere.

1 Like

Steady on :roll_eyes:

depends where you stick it :wink:

2 Likes

I couldn’t have put it better myself :joy:

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face: bottom right :joy:
Oops forgot the comma and the question mark. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

How strange… I’d have asked for "Crit’Air 1 " … if I’d had the opportunity… :wink: :wink: but, sadly, the official French Govt site was obviously not feeling kindly on the day we got our Crit’Air stickers… :wink:

That’s all thats needed (except payment)

1 Like

That was certainly what I filled in last week, @Mark

1 Like

I think that there must be some crucial details missing from the report related by @jvbram
since those of us who are now talking of our own dealings with Crit’Air have had a rather different experience… and I’m a bit puzzled.

I think jvbram was filling in the “not a French car” version of the form? I do vaguely remember having to put in the CO2 rating when I got Crit’Air stickers for my UK registered vehicles.

Ah… could well be…

Mind you, I still don’t see how one can demand a particular Crit’Air sticker…

It’s the Govt platform which decides the level of Crit’Air sticker to provide… according to the vehicle information supplied by the Owner… isn’t it ???

I don’t think you can - but whereas the form for French-registered vehicles just asks for the car registration number and date of registration, the form for non-French vehicles asks lots more questions including which Euro emissions classification your vehicle comes under and its CO2 rating.

Without filling in the whole thing again I can’t tell you whether you “get to choose” your Crit’Air level or not - I suspect not! and even if you did I assume they would cross-check it with the other info provided.

1 Like

yes, that makes sense.
As the site says… the Simulator gives an idea of which Sticker one “might” get… but once all the info is double-checked through the machine… Crit’Air decides which sticker to issue… and it’s not necessarily the same one as “suggested” by the Simulator… :wink: :wink:

Mark. Check the first line and click on “ici”.

Stella, i think critair 1 is the dirtiest sticker in the order. Perhaps you were fooled by the fact that its next to crit 0. Zero emissions.

Ah… you must be reading from a different hymn sheet… and/or possibly confusing Crit’Air numbers with Euro numbers… :wink:

I’m muting this thread now, as I feel I cannot be of further help…

No, Crit’Air 1 is the second lowest emission category, for hybrids and the least polluting petrol cars.

Category 5 is for the worst polluting vehicles, those whose emissions only meet the Euro 2 standard from 1997-2000.

Yep, now I’m as confused as a white mouse in a tampon factory.

1 Like