Disappointed in French vaccine progress

My sister-in-law, who has come out of retirement to reassume executive quality control and testing procedures for a global pharmaceutical manufacurer, tells me that this is totally irresponsible because no-one has tested what happens if you combine the vaccines. It may be OK, but it’s a politician’s gamble that could go badly wrong. Certainly they’re not ‘following the science’ (not that they ever were) and there are sound reasons for these ‘inconvenient’ testing protocols.

1 Like

Not even close. :rage:

France inter said 5000 vaccinations had been done, on the news this morning.
Argh several hours later: then they corrected it to 2000!!!

Good, but to get through a population of 67 million in the time needed you really need to be > 1 million doses/day, not a few 1000’s

1 Like

My concern is that France is about three weeks behind UK in the new version of virus spread, uk is now talking of lockdown until early March…and thats with substantial daily vaccine volumes, France has hardly got started so if it hits here big style (and why won’t it?) end of Jan’ then we will be looking at lock down until May!

Behind UK?

I am an optimist. EU countries might have learnt the lesson of earlier spread and now be more careful about letting in people. In this sense Brexit might have done us a favour as now easier to block travellers coming in from UK.

So still a chance that the new variant won’t run wild here as it has done in UK. Keep those masks on, and wash your hands…

1 Like

I imagine it is already circulating. I have a friend who went back to NZ before Christmas and was in quarantine. There were very few other travellers and yet, NZ has just reported several cases of the new variant that came in from the UK. As people coming in and out of France are not put in a hotel for 2 weeks and they are more numerous than those travelling to NZ, I can only imagine that more than a few are carrying the new strain.
We are doomed…

Come and camp in my lycée, the virus stops at the doors!

5 Likes

Like others here I have a terrible feeling that, bad as the British situation is right now, in a couple of months the UK will be creaking it’s way slowly out of the crisis while France will be sliding deeper in. The two main reasons for this will be the decision to keep schools open now, and the idiot games being played over vaccinations. I hope I’m wrong (about France, that is).

Oh I know it’s here, and in every other country. But I just hope that any body who has misfortune to catch it is tracked and traced to the nth degree…so it spreads at a slower speed and leaves time for a couple more people to ne vaccinated here (:wink:)

Possibility of being able to say you want to be vaccinated! I’d sign up!

Hadn’t given it a thought before now but what will happen with foreign workers, Brits or European 2nd home owners stuck here, will they have to wait until they can get back to their own countries.

same as my tabac : always being asked to give credit to customers at the end of the month (or earlier for some) almost never do but did to one trusted customer yesterday who said he’d call in this morning and settle up when he got his “allocations”. He phoned to appologise for not calling in but he was tested positive this morning so couldn’t, life goes on!

1 Like

@an_droo You don’t have one of these to hand then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have something similar for cheques, which I refuse to take, although it’s far more polite. Must get round to sorting out another one for credit!

You are normally allowed to return to your home, with a negative PCR test.

Thing is I know one couple who don’t want to go back to England just now because they are isolated and safe here in the countryside, but stay in the centre of Manchester back in the UK, I can see their point.

If they are residents then no problem. If they are not then they have to leave once they have been here 90 days.