Disappointed in French vaccine progress

They know that, that wasn’t the question I asked though.

And I answered…?

Just copied this from a BBC report,

The French PM’s office has said between 25-30% of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine doses “might be lost” because of logistical problems.

This figure represents 50-60m doses of the 200m ordered by France. Officials say the figures are a “margin of security that we’re taking to evaluate the number of people who would be vaccinated by the number of doses (of vaccine) we have,” a spokesperson for the PM said.

These losses are likely to be caused by a loss of cooling - the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine must be stored at -70 C (-96F) - as the vaccine is transported to where it is to be used, broken phials or those that are partially used.

“The vaccine is made in multidoses but cannot be kept once it is open. It could happen that certain doses are not used,” the official added.

It is supplied in multi-dose phials, 195 to a pack (x 5 doses = 975 doses per pack) and must be kept between -60°C and -80°C (easily in the range of a standard lab ultracold fridge). Once thawed it can be kept between 2°C and 8°C for a further 5 days.

1 Like

envoyé par un copain, à ne pas prendre au sérieux !!!

et un autre ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Revoke your membership, not evoke.
Good idea.

Not necessarily, they can get one of 2 types of visas for stays of between 3 and 6 or 6 and 12 months. Yes it costs but if it was pay or go to Manchester at the moment I know what I’d be doing!

https://francobritishnetwork.fr/2021/01/02/applying-for-french-residency-after-brexit/

They are on 1 year visas just now until December, I think they said it was 90 Euro each.

Colin did not make it clear that this was the position. The way his reply was worded sounded as if they had to go back, but didn’t want to. Of course with a visa then there’s no obligation…

My original post was asking if workers or Brits here would be able to get a vaccination here or have to wait until they go back to their own country, you cannot buy the vaccine in the UK as it has to be done through the NHS, I wondered if it was the same here.

As far as I’m aware the only country where you can buy the vaccine is the US. What a surprise!

But apologies, I really didn’t pick up that that was what you were asking!

What i can’t get my head round is that if the majority of the great French public reject vaccinations…and I understand it still hasn’t reached 50,000 what do they think is the answer to the pandemic…lockdowns and restrictions stretching into the middle of the decade? I’m absolutely no lover of Boris Johnson (aka the destroyer of UK in EU) but credit must be given for the way the Uk is vaccinating,…come the summer life might be getting back to normal, whereas here it (incl new variant) will be ripping through the population or we will still be suffering restrictions…tickets for summer in England anybody!!!

Because we’ve already had medical/vaccination scares and most of the population aren’t as at risk as older people and those with medical conditions so we’re all a bit wary. Not sure Boris’ plan is as good as all that when he’s started talking about mixing vaccines which is against all medical advice and hasn’t been researched and tested.
I know it’s a pain for many of you here in France but for those of us who are working and have kids at school etc. life doesn’t change much, just a pain not being able to go out for a meal once in a while and have a coffee with mates in the bar each morning.
France is ramping up the vaccination campaign but a little more cautiously than the UK, which I for one appreciate :wink:

7 Likes

That and probably waiting for the national pride of a French made vaccine getting approved and rolled out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No they can just pass it on too older people and those with other conditions who are more at risk

1 Like

Which they will still do even if vaccinated according to the virologue I spoke to :wink:

1 Like

According to The Local there will soon be a website where you can say that you want to be vaccinated.
Hopefully, this will cut out the waste of time asking people who do not want to take it.

That probably won’t be happening in the short term, there was an article in one of the French online newspapers about the “retard” that Sanofi was facing and which was hypothesising that their candidate vaccine would be abandoned as financially unviable.

Yep…you are right that for many people life currently isn’t that too abnormal…(no lock down)…that is until one catches it …then your life may well change, I for one don’t want that risk, so just give me a vaccination as soon as possible.

4 Likes