Disappointed in French vaccine progress

Not boasting but

2 Likes

My 1st appt is on Tuesday…

This issue was in UK not France but at least they have now caught the evil scroat…

My parents are both 78 and they are in Germany - I hope they are vaccinated soon.

4 Likes

According to the news on France 2 last evening the latest percentage of French wanting to be vaccinated is up to 55%.

3 Likes

To answer a question I asked earlier, you don’t need to be resident or have a carte vitale to get the vaccine here.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20210115/reader-question-can-foreigners-in-france-get-the-covid-vaccine

Errr, no!

You do have to be resident, or have worker status, it says so clearly:

“Everyone working or residing in France can get the vaccine for free, even if they aren’t registered in the French state health system.

This does not include tourists or second home owners.”

You just don’t need to be registered in the French Health System, nor do you have to be a citizen.

2 Likes

Their father who is in his late 80s was given his first dose yesterday so they must have been lucky then.

Interesting discussion about covid vaccination on Inter right now

Spanish solution…
https://t.co/qARpkPLLjn

Le Monde. Le groupe américain Pfizer, associé au laboratoire allemand BioNTech, a annoncé samedi un « plan » qui doit permettre de limiter à une semaine les retards de livraison de son vaccin. « Nous reviendrons au calendrier initial de livraisons à l’Union européenne à partir de la semaine du 25 janvier, avec une augmentation des livraisons à compter de la semaine du 15 février » , ont assuré les entreprises dans un communiqué. « Pour ce faire, certaines modifications des processus de production sont désormais nécessaires » , est-il ajouté.

Well I guess at 80 they might have taken pity on him, not wanting him to return to his home unprotected, and I think you said they had a long stay visas. Otherwise they were being very cheeky as the UK has far more vaccine than France so deliberately using up doses intended for local people is a touch unfair.

Many rules depend on people being respectful.

The debate with Barbara Steigler?

Your assuming things, they were not being very cheeky.
They went and asked as they could not find out locally what the rules were, they were told that as their father was in one of the high at risk groups they had no problem with him being done and to go and bring him to the centre but they could not be done at the moment and while they offered to pay for it there was no need.
As for doing someone local out of the jab, the nurse was complaining about how slow the take up was and supply was outstripping demand by a big percentage.

@JaneJones
Yes, sorry - didn’t see what you wrote until now!

Actually I didn’t assume anything, but put forward two possible scenarios. And the first one was happily the situation. Which is great. I don’t like it when my fellow nationals behave badly.

“and supply was outstripping demand by a big percentage” Oh I do hope they are not wasting it! In our area booking opened on Friday and all the slots were filled until February by the end of the day.

can’t you pay as you do when none resident ?

I’m not sure preventative medicine is really intended for tourists to access without prior agreement. Unless some odd emergency, would you expect to get a mammogram just by walking in and paying for it? Sure the odd person here or there, as in example of elderly gent who was taken pity on, but overall I expect this would be resisted.

Sticks in my throat to say well done Boris…BUT on Saturday UK did about 320,000 and France did 24,316 vaccinations and the UK will do another 300,000+ today (Sunday)…France did 9,081 well it is a Sunday here after all!
My worry is uk will continue with travel ban until EU countries get most residents done which at this rate will not be until year end so nothing much will change for us this year.
The add on is how long will Brittany Ferries be able to (and French gov’ wiiling to subsidise) keep their boats tied up before financial pressures results in permanent reduction of routes and sailings. They will also be factoring in reduced demand due to extra Brexit hassle.
Not good outlook