Flea help please

Just be careful. Not sure about France, but in the UK there were counterfeit seresto collars knocking about. Buy from a reputable company…

1 Like

I’ve watched a video explaining how to tell the difference between the real thing and a fake. I’m getting mine from Amazon which I can send back if fake. The real thing is expensive, and these from Amazon are not cheap!

Thanks for the warning.

1 Like

My Seresto flea collars arrived yesterday and are the genuine article.

I’m flea-combing one of my cats right now and am finding dead fleas. They are usually very much alive, and jumping all over the place. This after less than 24 hours wearing one of these collars.

They work! At least for one of my cats.

2 Likes

A week ago I bought a pair of Seresto collars for our cat from this seller:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0C5T47RT4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Worked for 2 days - totally useless.

I’ve now watched 3 videos on Youtube detailing the differences between the real and fake ones:

(1) The “Seresto” name on the lid should be indented / embossed;
(2) The inside lid should not be too bright or have an almost mirror like finish;
(3) The reflectors should be inside a totally clear sealed (not ziplocked) bag and have the 3 flea/tick/lavae symbols;
(4) The collar should have no smell at all;
(5) The collar should have the “Bayer” symbol and have an imprinted serial number which matches the serial number on the base of the can.

One other sign.
When I tracked the shipment, I noticed that it came from China!

2 Likes

€14/hundred at local snail farm on thursday afternoon when I drove past.

Was that buying or selling :wink: :wink:

Never buy this type of product from Amazon. They need to be purchased from a veterinary practice. If a product like a seresto collar is offered cheaply online, then certainly it’s not the real deal.

2 Likes

Buying for your supper. Soon be the snail festival here again, yuk is all I can say.

Snails aren’t everyone’s cup of tea… and I’ve been surprised at the number of French pals who won’t touch 'em… as I thought it was a sort of national delicacy…

Anyway… I’ve had 'em recently and they were absolutely delicious. :+1:

Saw a very extensive Seresto collection - collars and other things - in Gamm Vert this week

2 Likes

This is the Amazon address I got my collars from, although I can’t trace the seller.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0C7PV78SC?ref_=pe_27091421_487358211_302_E_DDE_dt_1&th=1

My collars & the tins satisfied the real/fake test and they worked. I have been combing out dead fleas. I bought 4 collars in May for 99.60 euros. They look to be much more expensive now!

On the email confirmation of the order I see I paid 24.90 euros each.

On your Amazon email confirmation of order, does it say ‘Vendu par Amazon EU S.a.r.L’? My Seresto collars were sold by Amazon, but on other Amazon orders I’ve made it sometimes shows Vendu by others.

Zooplus are the cheapest reputable seller at the moment.

I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience but thank you so much for letting other members know.

A bit late now for you but a lesson for us all - Click on name of the ‘Vendu par’ supplier name, located just under the purchase button, to find company address.

Seems @Bonzocat found the one sold by Seresto itself on Amazon, which is fortuitous.

If I were you @Nigel-at-BUF-House, I would pack up the offending collars and go online to complain at Amazon. There is every chance they will accept, send you a postal paid return sticker and refund your payment. It is their job as platform supplier and they are already facing push back in France so may be amenable. They may thank you for bringing attention ti something of which they were unaware and hurts their image.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G422VB5VF4ZW7ZSE

More advice. (Let me know if you cannot read)

:crossed_fingers:t2:g

1 Like

The issue was reported to the seller and I immediately received a message saying that I would be refunded once I returned the collars. The message included a link to print a return label.
The address was in China.
Luckily I waited a day or so before doing anything.
I next received a message saying that a full refund would be given in 5-7 days.
refund received in full today.

Attempted to report the issue to Amazon - no joy as they are not interested in items purchased through marketplace sellers.
Next attempted to report a copyright issue - again no joy as only copyright holders can raise a complaint.

I have now reported the issue to Bayer who will hopefully persuade Amazon to strike out that seller.

Managed to purchase a genuine collar from my local vet for €30. Noticed that the serial number was on the collar AND the clear plastic packaging.

2 Likes

Cherish your vet at that price.

I refuse to buy from Marketplace Sellers anymore, no matter how much I want the article. I make an exception if Amazon stock and despatch it, but search for an alternative first.

Once bitten…. Literally!

Some rather bad news, just as we thought we have things under control - Flying ticks!!

:frowning_with_open_mouth:

1 Like