French citizenship for over 60

I don’t suppose Glenn necessarily sees any difference. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Saw this thread that looked interesting with regards to citizenship. What happened???

It seems to have morphed into a fight so why does not admin either 1) sit on the people who have changed subject, or 2) make them start another thread?? They can argue all they like & the rest of us can look at the thread we wanted!
regards

1 Like

Toovey27 you are missing the fun that is SF :-):

And there was me thinking since the 1960’s that a tranny was a transistor radio.

4 Likes

You can sit on them yourself if you like by muting them. :slight_smile:

I do enjoy sending photos to my trans friends of all the transport lorries in this country. STOP TRANS always gets a thumbs down, TransIcon is very well received. Translogic is something we all agree is almost impossible to understand. Trans Cat is for the ones with the furries kink. :see_no_evil::rofl:

3 Likes

I would never miss the fun, it’s just trying to find the bit I wanted to read! A separate thread would have been great!

regards T

1 Like

And don’t forget Tranny Vans, courtesy of Ford. :wink:

2 Likes

In all honesty it’s not something I actually ever want to discuss myself, I just don’t feel able to see hateful terms used and nonsense ideas given and then glide on by. If people would at least keep their ignorance and idiocy to themselves there needn’t be any tangents like this at all, but seemingly due to the climate we live in at the moment far from being ‘cancelled’ or silenced people seem emboldened to say vile things, in this case about a lady who I’m sure is perfectly pleasant, while using a slur. None of the off topic stuff would have existed had one person not felt able to say something hateful, possibly due to the echo chambers they exist in where things like that are celebrated, and think it’s OK, when actually it’s not.

7 Likes

Both my vans here have been ‘trannys’.

1 Like

There is one here:

There used to be no language requirement for the over 60’s but that was changed in France a few years ago and the requirement is now to B1 standard IIRC.
@JaneJones I think is the most recent member to have gone through this process so I’m sure she can address any specific questions you might have…

1 Like

Bored with this now. Thank you all for the entertainment. I’ll pipe down now and call my friend Tim who started this thread - strangely he comes from Brighton and is none of the mentioned categories. BTW, I’ll let Eddie Izzard know that he’s not a Tranny!

On topic, I still doubt that you will be asked to face an exam despite what the legislation says.

A very good evening to all,
Glenn

Tu racontes n’importe quoi, Glenn, it’s a requirement for everyone and part of the dossier put together for naturalisation.

4 Likes

You are an odd bugger, Glen, almost like you live in a parallel universe. Maybe you can take the boy out of Brighton but you can’t take Brighton out of the boy. :wink:

Absolutely not! Not only do you have to have either taken a recognised certificate exam or a diploma (or two years’ of masters level education in a French Institution) but you have to have the actual certificate.

Your results sheet does not do it, and from another group I am in I know of several people who have had their dossiers returned for this reason, and will have to re-submit.

This is now an absolute fundamental requirement. So please don’t circulate inaccurate information, which has the potential to waste people’s time and money. Just because it didn’t happen to you when you acquired nationality (presumably a dossier submitted before august 2020), doesn’t mean that this applies now.

4 Likes

utter drivel :roll_eyes:
and you didn’t answer the question about whether it was a CdS you were helping your friend with either. not citizenship… being such an expert on these matters, I’m sure you know the difference.

4 Likes

Only talking from experience - maybe I was blessed!
Im so glad that you all appreciate me in my parallel world - its nice and cosy here and not prickly at all…

Must be planet asshole

1 Like

You are talking from a complete lack of understanding of the changes in the requirements. I very much doubt you were blessed, just a certain age and at a certain time. But if you are unable to recognises that things change that is sad as you will be left behind in your self absorbed bubble.

1 Like

More likely ‘touched’ as my mum would have said.

2 Likes

What a spiteful lot you can be, and poor Mark struggling with manners….pot, kettle, black?
All water off the ducks back, however.
Best we leave it there before it gets nasty.