French Vaccine Programme

Totally agree, John… looking forward to mask-wearing being at a minimum for as much of the time as is safely possible.

1 Like

Yes, UK is on France’s amber list.

Unvaccinated = need pressing reason, isolation, day 7 test etc

Vaccinated (2 doses), test on entry, no isolation, children up to 18 travelling with fully vaccinated adult allowed in.

Gite guests just this minute arrived - all put their masks on before getting out of the car - and they like us are fully vaccinated. Have to admit I didn’t have mine - I was out gardening and they arrived early. Ah well!

1 Like

That I like. :grin: Ditto when workmen /delivery drivers do it.
I’m not taking mine off any time soon.

4 Likes

We’ve found all our gîte people to be very good in this respect. I now try to greet them at a distance, before putting my mask on and coming closer so they can see my face (and vice versa). Otherwise it feels v unsettling with masks, hats and sunglasses…like a meeting of conspirators.

1 Like

Useful info on the Vaccination Certificates

3 Likes

Just a quick warning. My wife and I were queuing to get into the Paul Ricard circuit on Saturday and my (Android) phone Covid App worked perfectly but my wife’s (IOS) app demanded to be updated before we could display her cert. It wasn’t easy to update her app in the middle of a forrest. Major design flaw IMO. So, keep your app up to date to avoid being stranded :slightly_smiling_face:

I should say, the design flaw IMO is assuming one has internet access when one needs to display the cert. The person scanning the cert. needs access for verification, but the person displaying the cert. should not.

Thanks for mentioning this @John_Scully

OH put our certs on his phone… and reckoned I could leave our paper ones in a drawer…

Now I can explain to him the sense of having the paper ones in my bag, along with CVitale etc etc.

2 Likes

Of course the UK doesn’t want to play along with the EU on this one.

:rage:

No, they want to keep everyone at home.

We decided today to go out for moules frites for lunch for the first time since heaven knows when. Two of our favourite restarants overlook the sea and we last went there at the beginning of covid some time early 2020 because they were assiduous in spacing the tables, putting barriers between, and cleaning everything in sight, so those were the ones we went back to. The first one has just starting closing on a Tuesday… when we got to the second, it needed the certificate. Guess who had left them at home? :roll_eyes:

We had thought - not going to festivals at the moment so won’t need them and of course had forgotten totally about restaurants…

Still - there’s always tomorrow :smiley:

3 Likes

Had 2nd AZ vaccine today and the doc gave me the attestation with 2 codes, a 2D-DOC and a flash code. Go to add/scan the flash code (as per the instructions) to my TousAntiCovid wallet, and it shows the 2D-DOC code.
Is this what’s supposed to happen? I would have thought that if the flash code was scanned, it should show exactly that. Bit confused- easily done🤔

That’s exactly what’s supposed to happen. Those of us who don’t have a smartphone just carry the piece of paper (updated as from today by the way) and the 2D-DOC is what gets used. The smartphone app is so you don’t need to carry the paper around… :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @AngelaR

1 Like

But anyone sensible would use the smartphone app AND carry the paper around. This is France, don’t forget :rofl:

3 Likes

Also, electronics can fail - unless you go in for spontaneous combustion you know where you are with paper :rofl:

HOWEVER - although the smartphone app is supposed to update automatically to carry the as-from-today new 2D-DOC piccy, those of us with just paper will have to get a new attestation…

My wife mentioned in passing today that you can download your certificate from Ameli. I haven’t tried it though.

You can indeed. They have created a separate Ameli site specifically for this. You can find it at https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/.

It only works for the main one of a partnership though if the other person is a dependent on your S1.

1 Like