French Vaccine Programme

Vaccines everywhere here in the Morbihan.
I had finally found slots on doctolib for May 14th and June 22nd with the help of a French friend them tonight looked again at keldoc. I am now booked for next Monday 26th April with the second dose on June 4th.
Always Pfizer.

Is the Pfizer gap 4-5 weeks?

It would seem to be Karen
April 26 to June 4 is five and a half weeks.

It got moved last Friday from 3-4 to 5-6

So I’m sort of in the ballpark either way.:slightly_smiling_face:

I’m 5 1/2 weeks too!

Interesting vaccination experience today. Enormous queues outside the building (no social distancing).
Some had appointments for Moderna and some for Pfizer. The Moderna ones generally went in first and the Pfizer ones were called in by appointment time. Inside the building we queued in adjacent chairs. I was finally seen an hour after my appointment time at which point all went smoothly.
This was quite different from other reported experiences locally so may have been a blip. Will find out tomorrow when my partner goes for his :smiley:

My doctor laughingly informed me that if I was lucky, I could expect to be vaccinated by 2023 :scream::scream::scream:

I suppose people are aware of this?

Quite interesting, if not particularly useful.

Reading the various comments, clearly the Gard is doing better than other dĂ©partements. No shortage of AZ vaccines here, from what I can tell, my MT is certainly handing them out, and the people I’ve helped organise vaccines for it was always easy. No need to travel more than 20ish kilometres either. Quite surprised at what I’m reading for other parts of the country!

Time to change doctor Damaris IMO. What’ll they next “laughingly” inform you about next?

Our doctor took our request to be vaccinated very seriously and facilitated it back on the 6th of March. We still take all the precautions but knowing that we’ve almost seven weeks of antibody generation under our belts is a comfort to us.

It’s great to see the roll out gaining momentum, IMO you Doc should be fighting your in corner, not shrugging their shoulders.

1 Like

To be fair to my doctor, I am still recovering from Covid and therefore with the current guidelines, should not be vaccinated for at least 6 months. (I only see him about once every 18 months as it is and I’d rather not change. He’s the most forward thinking and open minded doctor I’ve found in France so far).
Also the only reason I care about when I’m vaccinated is if it’s going to prevent me from travelling outside of France. As I’m not in a position to travel for the foreseeable future, it’s not the end of the world. However, as I suspect it will be obligatory to leave French shores, I sincerely hope it will be before 2023. Unfortunately our department seems to be one of the slow coaches with a fair amount of people over 70 not yet having had their second dose.

After having problems with vitma dose and doctolib needing a code to complete the process with my OH and her friend having the same problems, checked today to find 1860 AV doses at our local city vaccination center and doing over 50-60.
So I waited till OH and dad got back and when I refreshed the page all the AV options had disappeared to be replaced with limited doses of the other two vaccines and now no option for the 55-60 age group, so managed to get OH and her father booked but not me, French websites are the pits but at least they will be vaccinated and you no longer need a code.

From what I’ve seen being vaccinated or having had Covid (and thus the requisite antibodies) are seen as equivalent for travel Damaris.

1 Like

Two out of three is a good result Colin. Hack on for yourself tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

In the service- public newsletter. Could be useful for some
(is not being able to exchange your licence a reason I wonder :wink:)

Jusqu’au 1er juin 2021, les frais de transport vers un centre de vaccination contre le Covid-19 sont intĂ©gralement pris en charge pour les personnes qui ne peuvent se dĂ©placer seules. Un dĂ©cret paru au Journal officiel le 24 avril 2021 prolonge cette disposition en place depuis le 20 fĂ©vrier 2021.

Pour bĂ©nĂ©ficier de la prise en charge Ă  100 % de ces dĂ©placements par l’Assurance maladie, il faut :

ĂȘtre Ă©ligible Ă  la vaccination contre le Covid-19 et ĂȘtre dans l’incapacitĂ© de se dĂ©placer seul ;
obtenir une ordonnance pour ce transport auprÚs de son médecin traitant ;
effectuer le déplacement par ambulance ou par transport assis professionnalisé (soit un taxi ou un Véhicule Sanitaire Léger) entre son domicile et le centre de vaccination contre le SARS-CoV-2 le plus proche.

2 Likes

I am wondering if I would qualify for a taxi if I need to go to Lyon on a day when my car is not allowed in?
Seeing that many elderly people are the biggest users of hospital services and, here in very rural France, they usually drive the oldest cars it makes an interesting question.

Do you have a utility vehicle like a 4x4? As otherwise the measures are for professionals not individuals. We could still take our crit’air 3 car in, but so much easier to do the park and ride.

But otherwise it depends what your GP is prepared to sign off!

My doctor said I have to wait to oktober

For what? Your vaccine? They are doing 50+ people now.

55+ at the moment for healthy people, 50+ with problems. Loads of slots available in my area, got first shot a week ago. Get on vitemadose and sort yourself out direct, a lot less hassle and leaves doctors to get on with other things :wink:

1 Like