French Vaccine Programme

Yes Paul, you are right. I forgot to mention that. Here the vaccination centre is pushing the no shows. In both cases, it’s to avoid throwing away perfectly good doses.

1 Like

Which has unofficially been the case in many places, now they’ve come to their senses and are being pragmatic making it official :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, it’s taken awhile it maybe Macron is getting the message ?

Only just over 16 million people in France vaccinated and they are already talking about making mask wearing in the streets non-compulsory.

But it 's never been compulsory in the streets in a lot of France anyway, Jane, mostly big cities and towns.

It should be. If someone in front of you with Covid coughs, not wearing a mask, you will walk straight into their virus!

Very true, which is why it’s high concentrations of population : big towns and cities. Unfortunately we’re not living in an ideal world, the curfew is hardly respected here and I’m still getting people coming into the shop without a mask and not respecting the “2 persons max”!

Appointments for over-50s available NOW - just booked for my wife.

1 Like

oooh I’ll have to have a look and see if I can get the man shape booked in!

1 Like

They obviously don’t smoke or read.

1 Like

Brilliant thanks! Just booked mine too!

2 Likes

648850 vaccines delivered in France yesterday.

I am waiting for my wife outside the K2 submarine base in Lorient as I type. She is 54 and receiving her first vaccine this morning having booked it yesterday.
We both went through keldoc in the end having tried others. Only slight hiccup is that whereas my second was confirmed for June 7th we have not been successful in securing a second for her as yet.

1 Like

My wife just texted me from inside during the fifteen minute ‘cooling off’ period. It seems that here in Lorient they give you an appointment for the second on site after you have had the first.
Moral…if you can only secure an rdv for the first then take it.

Yes - it is different in different centres - mine was like Lorient, my wife’s (Pontivy) the both-appointements-on-first-booking arrangement.

Guess we were lucky here in 22…our doctor offered us vaccines when we went to renew prescrptions…no booking, no forms and no waiting. Soon about to have second AZ

I’m not sure if this has been covered earlier in this thread, if so I apologise for the repeated info, but anyone who has previously been tested positive for Covid more than 3 months ago will only receive a single dose of vaccine.

This might be particularly convenient now that anyone can grab an appointment next day under the latest rules. However a system glitch in Doctolib will force you to book 2 appointments - this can then be changed when you are at the vaccination centre.

Yes you have to book two appointments but you can go into your Doctolib account and cancelone of them straight away if you like, I had two booked, which was correct and I had my first one, but I managed to find a second one earlier than the booked one, so booked that and then cancelled the old one (hope that makes sense)
Alternatively, in your circumstances, you can just book one by saying it’s a second one (which in effect it is!)

Has anyone booked their vaccine via Doctolib?

I have just booked 1st jab for end of May followed by 2nd jab in July.

By end of May I will be in the 50+ category.

There is a link to upload documents - but I don’t know what documents are required - can anyone help.

Thanks

Did my rdv s by doctolib , had first jab 22 ne April and second due 3 rd June. I was requested to take my Carte Vitale plus a printable form duly filled in. When I got there they checked my rdv with the CV, ignored the form I had printed out and gave me another version of the form which they asked me to fill in before having the jab.
Very simple system.