Heating with wood/oil- Aid link Working - update

@George1 have you tried claiming again, yet ???

@Stella thank you for asking.

Yes, Iā€™ve tried multiple times over several weeks. Irritatingly it still refuses to let me go past the first page where you input name, tax ID and mobile. Iā€™d like to think Iā€™m (hopefully!) capable of entering my name correctly, plus the tax ID and mobile numbers (Iā€™ve successfully completed more complicated forms in my life!) Either Iā€™m not entering these fairly basic details correctly or the system (incorrectly) thinks Iā€™ve RFR income for 2021 that is different from whatā€™s on my 2021 Avis. It really shouldnā€™t make any difference that 2021 (the basis year for my RFR) is my first (part) year in France. Itā€™s still a ā€˜properā€™ tax year.

Having tried so many times, Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m actually giving up on the process. I suspect Iā€™ve spent more time on it than is probably merited. Iā€™m pleased for anyone like @Badger who reports successfully getting through the system.

Oh dearā€¦ if youā€™ve a friendly Mairieā€¦ someone there might be able to look at your paperwork and advise youā€¦ just a thought.

best of luck

you could try to get it done through:

2 Likes

I feel for you, after working for over 15 months for Education Nationale IĀ“ve still to see a pay slip. It just keeps telling me IĀ“m unknown and to contact my administrator. Of course IĀ“ve been doing this (academie Bordeaux for almost 12 months and still no luck. So frustrating, I even had to put my last tax form in without checking the figures they had autofilled with my pay slips. Must get back onto it.

2 Likes

@George1
Iā€™ve been thinking about this and it really should be so easyā€¦

therefore, since you told us that you arrived during 2021ā€¦
the only thing I can think of is the fact that you were not Tax Resident in France for the full 12 months 1st Jan 2021 to 31st December 2021ā€¦ :thinking:

or have I got it wrong and you were here for those full 12 months???
andā€¦
you are taking your name/details/number etc from the Avis received in autumn 2022ā€¦ arenā€™t you ???

Hi Tory,

Unfortunately thereā€™s too many people on SF whoā€™ve experienced the many unexpected ways in which French bureaucracy can turn Kafkaesque.

OH sold a lot of paintings in France last year, so on my advice tried again to join the artistsā€™ trade body so that we can declare this in our 2023 tax return- unlike the UK or US or anywhere else on the planet, in France youā€™re supposedly unable to exhibit and sell work unless youā€™re registered with the departmental maison dā€™artistes (most of whose local members seem to be self-taught quasi amateurs).

Now we continually receive letters demanding thousands of euros for her social payments, despite that being covered by the UK gov because weā€™re retired with S1s, carte vitales and mutuelles.

Not too bothered 'cos I know weā€™re in the right, but one doesnā€™t need that sort of crap, not only is so much French provincial ā€˜contemporaryā€™ art of low quality, but when it sells the transaction is usually, to borrow a phrase a Dutch friend used yesterday ā€˜on the blackā€™ (she was speaking in English)

But we wonā€™t go there about that last bitā€¦

Oh gosh Mark, that sounds properly stressful :angry: . I really hope you can get it sorted out, please update me when you have news.

@Stella itā€™s very kind of you to be giving my little problem so much (probably undeserved) thoughtā€¦

Youā€™re quite right. I arrived in France in July 2021.My first, and only income French tax return, was therefore for 2021. I duly reported worldwide taxable income from July to December 2021 (very low, as I had virtually no income) . That is as it should be. The Avis received in 2022 was for the 2021 income, showing the correct RFR for 2021. It really shouldnā€™t make the slightest difference in my view, that itā€™s a part calendar year. In tax terms thatā€™s my total taxable income for 2021 (ie from Franceā€™s fiscal point of view).

Given where we are in the tax calendar I donā€™t believe there is any income tax return I think I could possibly have filed. I couldnā€™t have filed a 2022 calendar year return. The latter is a pleasure in store for later on this spring/early summer!. So there really shouldnā€™t be any room for confusion as to either what RFR is relevant to the chequeboisfiuol system, nor (Iā€™d like to think) my name, tax ID (both from the Avis) or mobile number.

I think I will give it one last go, and approach the local France Service as @graham suggests, and/or the Mairie as you kindly suggest. Thank you for bearing with me!

1 Like

well, it certainly sounds as if youā€™re using the correct Avis and thus the correct infoā€¦ name/numberā€¦ after that itā€™s down to the government computers I guessā€¦

best of luck.

1 Like

This morning Bricorama were unwilling to give us such a receipt, because ā€˜more than three days have elpased since our purchaseā€™.

The lady we dealt told us we werenā€™t the first to make this request, she then wrote down all our details on a scrap of paper and will in due course contact her regional manager (by carrier pigeon?). The manager may subsequently phone us to verify our identity and might even email us a receipt that has our name on it.

Presumably headed notepaper has already been phased out, no doubt in order to save conifirs, time and expense.

This is why I always scan my Leroy Merlin card, Iā€™m not sure if everyone does this these days or just LM but as well as the standard till receipt when you make the sale it stores online an A4 version which because itā€™s linked to your online account displays name and address and such, and these are seemingly stored indefinitely, Iā€™ve certainly got ones going back years. Not only does it mean you have that record should your receipt go missing but as I say, I reckon it would be acceptable for things like this. Not that it helps your situation @DrMarkH, but just worth saying I think in case anyone isnā€™t aware.

1 Like

The Bill should be a minimum purchase of 50ā‚¬ worth of granules and clearly show your name ā€¦
why not simply buy sufficient bags of granules to pass muster and get an official receipt bearing the necessary personal detailsā€¦

Thanks for the suggestion, but we already have two receipts, each for ā‚¬99 and my understanding is that one needs a name on each receipt. Would they really refund more than oneā€™s apparent outlay?

Actually donā€™t know how little, if anything we might get back anyway.

There is simply a requirement to provide a Detailed Bill minimum of 50ā‚¬ā€¦ (there is no maximum amount for the Bill you might choose to useā€¦)

The idea is to help Households which have Low Incomeā€¦
Such low-income folk might well only be able to muster 50ā‚¬ at a time to buy their granulesā€¦

You can only claim once per householdā€¦ so whichever of you is named on the Bill is that one person who makes the claimā€¦
and, if The Household falls into the Low Income bracket thingyā€¦ a cheque towards future Energy costs will be sent outā€¦

Thatā€™s how I understand thingsā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time and trouble over this!

So itā€™s not actually a reimbursement, but an advance.

Itā€™s a cheque you can use to pay your Energy supplierā€¦ but cannot put into your own bank account.

These one-off Aid Cheques can range from 50ā‚¬ to 200ā‚¬ depending on the annual income and makeup of the householdā€¦ the amount of the cheque does not relate to the amount of the Bill uploaded to the siteā€¦

I take it all back, just received a PDF from Bricorama with all the necessary info!

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your concern Tory, but weā€™re not worried as this has been going round in circles for a long time and I think weā€™re just getting automatic responses from some bot. If another human gets involved it should be sorted right away.

1 Like

Please update us with your progress re Wood - Aid, when you get the time to have another go

best of luck

1 Like