How wrong can you be?

Ghastly stuff, never understood how anyone could drink it - probably why it has such a long shelf life :slight_smile:

On that score I am reminded of the Red Dwarf dog’s milk sketch.

4 Likes

When did you last try it? Changed enormously in last years. I don’t have milk in tea or coffee, but do have it on cereal and don’t object to it like I used to.

1 Like

I can feel a hunt coming on, but only in the local supermarket though. :wink:

I’ll take your word for it :slight_smile: But will stick to “fresh” thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just make sure you have MaĂŻzĂ©na and sugar in a cupboard, you are bound to have eggs, milk, vanilla etc. If you have only skimmed or semiskimmed milk just buy some little cartons of uht cream and bung one of those in too. Super easy and delicious :blush: I use sheep’s milk as it seems to suit my children better, and 7t 7s wonderful for CA and custard.

That is interesting, I thought it was ‘better’ when we got back from Oz but presumed it was just a 7 year memory gap! I think the organic stuff is better too.

Also what he has to say about the Scots doesn’t bear repeating - and he refuses another referendum !! As if that carried any wieght. I thonk Nicola will win the next election hands down and then there WILL be a referedum whether the idiot says yes or no,
. Scotland is on it’s way back imto the EU as an independent nation. It’ll be a few years yet but we’ll get there - the other 27 have already expressed sympathy.

1 Like

The veterinary requirement was warned about and because so many of the vets working in UK come from Eastern Europe and do all the more tedious jobs, tb testing, abbattoir inspections etc. there was a real worry that they would go back and there would not be enough vets to do the product certification.
What a waste of talent certifying eggs in sandwiches and quiches.

Love our Super U in 22
nor the cheapest but makes supermarket shopping civilised!

1 Like

Our newish Lidl doesn’t sell fresh milk 
very strange

Thank you Vero, especially using uht cream with the milk which we already use. A good tip. :wink:

We aren’t particularly bothered about fresh milk, we don’t drink glasses of milk the way British or Dutch etc people do. It gets made into chocolat chaud or nesquik etc. So uht is fine. And anyway it is what we are used to.

We don’t see milk-drinking as being good for people over about 10, especially adults, milk makes you full of snot (well-known fact), everybody knows cafĂ© au lait is indigeste and everybody is amazed (and privately horrified) at people who drink them all day, their livers must obviously be in a terrible state.

1 Like

as I am at drinking strong expresso all the time, you need a little milk but not the bucket sized drinks, sweet, milky and often tepid that is beloved by many UK coffee chains
Urghhh

2 Likes

Oh, flashback.
Wretch.
Thank goodness Mrs T put an end to all that.

1 Like

We have 3 lidl stores here, all within a 2 mile radius. None of them have fresh milk which is a bugger. Our local village shop has raw unpasteurised milk though. It’s not too expensive and very rich and creamy. Just like I remember it as a child.

1 Like

Oversight.

But then only French people suffer from a “crise de foie” 
:wink:

1 Like

It isn’t fresh it is UHT. And not strange at all the Lidl don’t stock it (although they did have some fresh stuff for a while before Christmas), as VĂ©ro has said the French don’t buy it. I suspect it is only there in some supermarkets for les etrangers!

Our supermarkets rarely have fresh milk, or more than one or two bottles.

The local Super U usually has a decent stock, maybe 50x 1l bottle (in a town of 2000 but it’s the biggest supermarket for 10km radius).