Info Covid-19 Masks and other stuff

Yes, that is the principal benefit of a mask.

That’s my belief too but when everyone wears masks the protection to an individual is greatest of all.

I am not sure I agree with you, if going to the trouble of producing a graphic it must be punchy enough to get the message over quickly and with some accuracy. They should definitely have not used the full scale unless theirs goes to 11 :grin:
No one would doubt adding another metre of distancing would not greatly improved the scenario.

1 Like

absolutely, masks can be such a help…
providing folk do not get all over each other…no “close-encounters” :grin: :grin: and hand washing etc etc is so very important…

The problem with the WHO advice, and I quote…

• If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
  • Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

We have known since JANUARY when two “healthy” people arrived in Singapore from Wuhan with NO symptoms at that stage. They attended church and they infected the people from that church. Singapore realised very early on that seemingly “healthy” people are in fact silent spreaders and they realised that they were dealing with a very dangerous virus. And the WHO did not and still is not listening.
It is NOT enough to only wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing. (1) That’s too late. (2) Some people NEVER cough or sneeze and yet are ill.
Why is it so hard for people to understand? Wear a mask - you could be a silent spreader.

5 Likes

I have now been given a lovely visor for when I go back to work, will also be given 2 masks a day, had an hour’s handwashing and maskwearing lesson this morning.
Very strict travel-around-the -buildings protocol in place, hand wash stuff everywhere, coffee machine out of bounds etc (major bummer)

Hope you’ve got a good thermos…

2 Likes

UK:
As of Monday 15 June, face coverings will become mandatory on public transport,” Shapps told the daily press conference. “That doesn’t mean surgical masks, which we must keep for clinical settings, it means the kind of face covering you can easily make at home.
“The evidence suggests that wearing face coverings offers some, albeit limited, protection, against the spread of the virus.”
The aim of the measures is to help stop asymptomatic people passing the virus on to others and also act as a visible reminder of the need for distancing and measures such as handwashing.

Oh poor Boris, we will all be walking around like pillar boxes! :wink:

On the BBC website this morning …

Doctors have urged the government to make face coverings compulsory in all places where social distancing is not possible, not just on public transport.
All passengers on public transport in England must wear a covering from 15 June, the government said on Thursday.
But the British Medical Association, the doctors’ union, said masks “should not be restricted” to transport.
It also said the risk from coronavirus would be “much less” if the rule started now, not later in the month.

It’s a question that has occurred to me re France’s ban. Is a burka a protective face covering or a forbidden item?

ha ha… the burka is definitely something different… I certainly hope folk won’t be bringing that old chestnut into play… :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

The general mask (ie for the general public)… is for covering mouth and nose… to be worn in certain circumstances during this health situation… :upside_down_face: :relaxed:

Sorry Stella, didn’t mean to open Pandora’s box, just being light hearted, or did Allah know something we didn’t :joy::thinking:

2 Likes

No it is an invitation to Covid as wearing it lessens the bodies ability to make vitamin D.

I know you were joking… but, sadly, there will be folk who won’t be…

let’s hope this all takes a turn for the better… :hugs:

We have just heard today that people with blood group A are more likely to suffer from the most severe symptoms of Covid, that is me and Jim is AB. Also bald men are more likely to catch it, poor Jim caught twice.
I think we need to continue be extremely careful, even if the rest of the world is relaxing its stance.

I am blood group A too Jane. At this rate I can see, this will be me heading off for Lidl and Leclerc!

3 Likes

I’m A- … and with all sorts of bits and bobs on the card, I notice…

Mmmm… ah well…

A is the most commonly occurring blood group in France, whatever the rh factor.