Is this the beginning of the end for the Brexit debacle?

Cooper / Letwin amendment pulled on promises from TM.

My God they are so gullible…

It is so clear now that TM is only interested in saving the Tory party and has zero truck for the health of the nation. She will do anything to prevent resignations from whatever faction.

You watch now - the ERG are going to scream blue murder because of A50 extention…

No really! Wow idiots!

1 Like

3 Likes

Sadly initial optimism does not stand up to cold analysis

1 Like

I have never felt so powerless and lost in all my life!

Sounds dramatic - but we are all at the mercy of these complete idiots in Westminster ruling over our lives and livelihoods. I know that this is normally the case, but in the past you have been able to, at least partially, trust that what they are legislating for is in our interests. This lot - and I mean just about all of them - have their snouts so far in the trough that they really couldnt care less about us.

Spouting on about the 17 million being upset… What about the other 29 million citizens of voting age (https://politics.stackexchange.com/questions/18173/how-many-people-are-eligible-to-vote-in-the-uk-snap-election-on-june-8th-since-t) who did not vote to leave (I know - not all these good folk voted one way or the other, but they certainly didnt vote Leave!).

I dispair I reallydo…

4 Likes

I’m one of those non voters…ever since Blair took us to war on a lie…

I think Yvette cooper is still closely looking at tabling her amendment…???

Corbyn…and surprisingly Rees-Mog are going to support the Alberto Costa amendment…if it’s called…

Really feeling for every one’s personal circumstances…I’ve been having flutters of anxiety since December…sometimes the flutters get really overwhelming…

Here’s the no deal business and trade analysis requested by Anna Soubry…

Where’s Mr Fawkes when you need him ?

Didn’t he fail?

He was robbed…

But the idea was a belter

Helen, we have been depressed and worried for months.
It is definitely affecting our health.
There is a helpline I believe for those that feel the need to talk to someone.
The Today programme has been talking about the publication of the Implications etc of No Deal.
Business not ready, the UK and especially in the Spring, of fresh food shortages.
I am pleased that there seems to be a coming together on the Costa amendment.

Do you really believe these scare stories Jane ?

According to the FT online this morning, he is now saying that he will support a vote for TM and her exit policy and will not insist that the backstop is omitted from the withdrawal policy but would accept a codicil agreement attached to the policy.
Looks like he is singing from a different hymn sheet now.

Apparently the convention on Referenda is that there are only two options on the ballot paper.

It would be interesting to know whether the Mums Net result would be replicated amongst young women who are not quite as vocal.

TM’s u-turn yesterday might have triggered a reality check for the ERG, whilst ‘no-deal’ is still a possibility so is a delayed Brexit, something JRM is scared of.

It’s looking more possible but if the ERG are going to back her plan for fear of no Brexit she still has to convince the DUP - and they probably are not going to get warm and fuzzy about the backstop any time soon.

There will though be some Labour MPs that opt for May’s deal.

Interesting today that some bloke called Williamson, no relation, was filmed saying that Labour had overreacted to the Anti Semitic scandal.
It would seem that Labour may have significantly more resignations if this is allowed to go on.
What would that do to the arithmetic?

Hard to say, it’s a different issue and there’s a lot of not voting along party lines over Brexit issues.

Bookies now going 1/14 on article 50 being extended after the 30th March, looks like we live to fight another day.

Bookies have also made the year 2019 their favourite for the next general election.