Italy v England

Yes he’s been remarkable (as has his lead out man Michael Morkov…) but what I like about the tour is that there are so many ways for people to be stars. Like Dylan Teuns’s stage win at Grand Bornand…

Great to watch with fantastic camera crews too.

Cavendish is a master supremo in his sport…but greatly aided by excellent team lead out work.
He is the only Brit left from the glory days of Wiggins, Frome, Thomas and Skye.
Didn’t realise that the Grenadier moniker of Inneos relates to the 4x4 vehicle that Inneos will launch next year’s as a clone replacement of Land Rover Defender.

For the ridiculous amount they are paid, I expect them to find the space between 3 pieces of woodwork.
Can you imagine a top darts player missing the board?

Ahhh yes hubby got that late last year as a birthday pressie too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I really must nag him to do it as still not taken up their offer!

Is it safe to assume that football won’t be coming home ?

1 Like

And the most annoying thing is that Southgate missed a penalty in the 1996 Euros so he KNEW it was likely to go Pete Tong if it got to penalties, but used the old tired tactics that ensured this happened.

I’m sure Southgate will still get his Knighthood… Doris is well versed in rewarding failure :slightly_smiling_face:

I am just glad it’s all over. Why is the UK allowed to play in the euros?

This article explains.

That’s a shame, if we were not allowed to play Brexit may not have got a single vote :rofl:

2 Likes

So, is performance salary related ?

If a teacher or dustperson or whoever receives double the salary will he or she then be two-times a better teacher or dustperson or whatever ?

The difference between Scotland and England is we know we are shite, so don’t have any expectations, anything is a bonus.

2 Likes

To a degree it should be otherwise you end up with civil service or local authority pay grade.
Overall if the dust person dropped the bin or the teacher. Walked into the wall having missed the doorway…

Those that can, do. Those that can’t teach :joy:

My aunt and uncle went to Rome for the rugby a couple of years ago and everyone was singing away in the stadio Flaminio “we’re shite and we know we are”. Oh Italy vs Scotland, obv.

1 Like

Yes, Scotland are rubbish at football but why ?

A generation ago they produced loads of top players so what’s changed ?

Is it a social thing ?

Small country with lots of different sports maybe? I mean think of all those potential footballistas who become eg curlers instead and are thus lost forever to the football pitch…

1 Like

People say that seriously and I feel a bayonet in the eye sets their opinion off nicely.

6 Likes

It’s a cliche, you know I am only teasing.
Well thats exausted my interest in football for probably the next 55 years.

1 Like

Yes Vero, but it always has been a small country but up to a generation ago it produced world class footballers like Dalgleish, Souness , McCoist, Hanson, McKay, St John etc etc etc. There no such players being produced, none, so what has happened ?

New Zealand are considered the top RU nation with a tiny population so size isn’t everything.

1 Like