Jo Johnson resigns - Is this the beginning of the end for Brexit?

Actually I am a big fan of the man.

Apparently all the Labour held constituencies are pro Peoples’ Vote, so he is out of step again.

6 Likes

Don’t hold your breath.

If we leave without a deal you, and your buyer, will have more certainty in a way but perhaps not in a direction conducive to purchasing property in France. As to “over quickly” - well “Brexit” will be over but we will then have to spend years rebuilding diplomatic and trade relations with the EU and trade relations with the rest of the world, which will not be easy.

If May gets to a deal we will then enter the transition period - which is much too short to actually conduct trade negotiations so will drag on and the uncertainly with it.

If, somehow, we end up not leaving that probably offers the best prospect for your sale but I suspect that the recriminations and rancour from the episode will go on for a good long time and we would have done nothing to address legitimate concerns about our role in and interface to the European project.

Whichever way you slice it I think we will be talking about and affected by Brexit for a long time to come.

3 Likes

We have come to terms that a sale might not proceed the way things are but a glimmer of hope for are potential buyers is that because one of them’s parents is Irish, then she can and is going though with the process of applying for a Irish passport.

Yes, that does sound hopeful.

1 Like

If its good enough for a British PM to call his Cabinet colleagues that, it’s good enough for me :relaxed:
Truth be said, the UK will become a ‘bastard’ nation if it leaves the EU.

It seems that nothing touches TM. Electoral fraud is a very serious matter which she should take very seriously.

If it was you or me we would have been in jail long ago.

2 Likes

Hi Mick,

Would you care to respond to my question please?

Why, you know the answer?

Exactly, the Brexiteers have been campaigning to leave the EU ever since the first Referendum, but apparently they do not think we should have the same accorded to us.

Because you insinuated that we do not moderate fairly, and that is an allegation that I take seriously. You have not provided any evidence to back up your claim, in fact I provided evidence to the contrary. I am simply asking you to elucidate. Can you do that please?

Under a bit of pressure James?
Like I wrote Earlier if you are not comfortable with my posts then please feel free to suspend me.

Sounds like you have nothing to offer in support of your allegation and you’re too stubborn to apologise.

Under pressure from who/what?

OK, I do not like the idea that you and your wife are using this forum as a platform for your Anti Brexit stance and some of your wifes posts are becoming very much one sided and aggressive and is taking sides with like minded posters.
This is from a member who voted remain but I love my country which is Great Britain.
Now what are you going to do?

Why so aggressive Mike, I’m just trying to talk to you?!

The subject is your claim of unfair moderation by the way, not my opinion on Brexit.

Let me remind you of what you said “I see cat one rule for one and one rule for another.”

Where do you see this?

Me aggressive, how can the owner of a public forum write about her fellow country people and possibly also members or followers of this forum and you say that you are not biased to your members, and when somebody questions this is told not to complain on a Saturday because you are both very busy and cannot be bothered with it and get threatened with a suspension.

There are two issues here, so let me make it clear

We are both anti Brexit but this has zero to do with how we moderate this forum. We strive to be impartial but we are also entitled to express our views just like anyone else can.

3 Likes

OK, But please allow me to do the same, if I do not agree with your views or posts and please do not take the easy route of threatening to suspend me.
I know it is not easy when someone criticises your wife and can understand your reactions :smiley: