King Charles III

Excellent, thanks

Initially, no but having expanded the referenced post you will see there is an upward pointing arrow top right, click that and it will take you to the correct spot in the text.

However it does require that the “reply to post” button was used not the “reply to thread” - the latter being the blue one at the bottom of the page.

Regardless of which “reply” button is used using the quoting function to highlight the point o which you are responding is good practice - you can see what confusion arises when people can’t work it out.

Hey Billy

I am not tech minded so bear with me please. I cannot see an option which is “reply to post” anywhere. It is probably me but I believe that is what I used when I posted??? Interesting that the upward arrow is meant to take you to the correct spot in the text, when I tried this it didn’t do that. Again probably just my lack of skills

Look at the post you just entered (above mine if no one posts first).

There is a grey image button - that “replies” to the post (and will send an email copy to the poster).

Now look under the last post on the thread - there is a blue image button - that just “replies” to the thread, not to a specific post.

However if you are replying to a specific point you can select some text and a little popup appears like this

If you click “Quote” it will insert that text into your post with a note showing who entered it, and links back to the whole post as I described above - eg

New King. French desk!! :uk::fr:

The King’s new official monogram

1 Like

I wonder if Cristiano Ronaldo will challange the use of CR as its already trademarked to him

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: if that’s their idea of a dead-ringer ??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
then I’m a dead-ringer for the most beautiful woman in the world… :+1: :+1: :+1:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

its just a load of balls really… dead in the water more like

not if he wants his knighthood :wink:

1 Like

Using that logic, I’m a dead ringer for George Clooney. He’s got two arms, two legs and grey hair. I have two arms, two legs and grey hair.

Ergo, George Clooney is my lookalike.

4 Likes

Anyone who thinks they can trademark two letters has been drinking cocktails made from household detergents.

2 Likes

HP, H&M, C&A just off the top of my head.

:wink:

1 Like

BP, LG, VW , Unilever these days uses just one

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

And let’s not forget the golden arches. :stuck_out_tongue:

…has a good understanding of trademark law :wink:

There are many companies that have successfully trademarked colours. Daft, isn’t it?

Nestlé failed to copyright a four finger chocolate wafer bar though.

I want always surprised that they didn’t follow that up by trying to copyright a two-fingered one…

3 Likes

And only joined at one end. :thinking:

BTW re C&A, I thought they were long lost to history but discovered some years ago in Trelissac (Perigueux) a large store of theirs. I was looking for pyjamas ahead of a planned hospital stay, but ended up with some light shorts and lots of really good shirts, :joy:

1 Like

C&A pulled out of the UK, but as far as I know are still everywhere else.