King Charles III

Yes i imagine it was recorded before he was King. After all Camilla doing bake off completely changed public opinion from -ve to +ve.

1 Like

He was the Prince of Wales when this was filmed.

I don’t know it for a fact, but I think The Repair Shop is a very popular, maybe a beloved programme, in the UK, and I feel that he may well be ‘forgiven’.

1 Like

I think possibly the best programme on tv. I don’t mean for all the ‘wows’ and tears, though they are enjoyable, but for the sheer pleasure of watching real artisans at work and, best of all for me, their infinite patience in what they do. I mentioned elsewhere that I even managed, as a definitely non DIY type person, to persevere with a difficult bit of sawing recently. As it got progressively harder I thought of that patience and completed the task perfectly. :joy:

I hope Charlie benefits as much. :smiley:

5 Likes

All the artisans you surely mean craftsmen and women😀

An artisan can be male or female, or any other gender.

2 Likes

100%. We got the word from French (thank you King William the Norman, you gave our language lasting elegance), who in turn had it from Latin.

“We consider craftsmanship as one of the exemplary forms of human activity. “
Simone de Beauvoir

1 Like

I see you translated ‘L’artisanat’ as ‘craft-MAN-ship’ though!

Why not? A woman knows when she’s a woman.

These days there are no “actresses” only actors. Mind you, they also call their trade ‘work’ and a ‘craft’, so goodness knows.

Are we being Woke???

:sweat_smile:

you daft lot… nearly made me choke on my cuppa… :rofl: :rofl: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

depends… do you eat tofu and read The Guardian ?

So woke!

:framed_picture: :canned_food: :framed_picture:

David, I do hope your auto-amputation was successful…

It was, only trouble is I keep falling over for some reason. :thinking:

4 Likes

Blimey! Revelations indeed in this video about Charles. I also watched the one about Edward, and again, such revelations!

Sounds all very murky to me, but the Royal Household doesn’t respond to issues like these publicly, do they?

What’s next I wonder?

If Andrew was obnoxious on a personal level, to staff and security officers, and others, I’m really surprised to hear that he was always Queen Elizabeth’s favourite.

Possibly because she was doing the same thing, perhaps?

Maybe. But will such revelations about her ever be published?

No one knows for certain who was the Queen’s favourite or even if she had one, this suggests it was Edward -

Sod that

3 Likes

Enough to make me spit out my coronation quiche…

5 Likes