Lot-et-Garonne CPAM cancelling category S1 Cartes Vitales 31/12/20. Other depts likely to follow

What I am hoping for is that Bo Jo gets up and states that he has no intention of withdrawing any other parts of the WA.
We need a voice in UK to let the government, or opposition just what is going on here in France.
Perhaps we should all ask our MPs to ask a PMQ?

1 Like

Think that is a forlorn hopeā€¦no votes for an MP in uk to be remotely interested in an expat who happens to have been a constituent in the past.
All we can do is hope that the stated obligation of UK is that retirees will continue to enjoy the same health care post 31 Dec 2020

I completely agree. I find the notion of still considering someone being ā€˜yourā€™ MP when you know longer live in that country very weird and canā€™t see why they would have any interest unfortunately!

3 Likes

Unfortunately we do not benefit from the H of C having any members representing Brits living overseas like for example France. The Tory Party (mainly the shire county hunting and shooting MPs) oppose this.

1 Like

If your working and paying into the French system your S1 becomes invalid,as far as Iā€™m aware. The same for people living and working in the EU under retirement age will not be entitled to an S1 upon retirement,

1 Like

Jackieā€¦

Those of us who are retired UK Pensionersā€¦ ( and not working) ā€¦ this worrying hiccup with the Attestations is just another stress we can do withoutā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

It dependsā€¦ The rules are simple. If you receive a pension from your state of residence then that is your competent state for healthcare. If you donā€™t receive a pension from your state of residence then the state where you contributed for the longest period of time will be your competent state & provide you with an S1.

2 Likes

Exactly.

I have just spoken to Melanie on the English speaking helpline for CPAM who has informed me that the instruction to continue as before with dating of Attestations only went out on the 9th October.
She is going to speak to our International Relations service in Chalon sue Soane to get them to send us a new Attestation.
I asked her what she could do for all British S1 holders, who might not be aware of this problem and to whom finding that their Attestation and health rights are currently going to end at the end of December.
She is going to speak to her supervisor and ask him to send the information that our rights do not end on the 31st December to each International Relations Service so that they can continue updating our Attestations.
I will not leave it there, but I am going to contact the NHS Confederation service in London, who previously helped with me with my earlier battle on behalf of S1 holders in France, to make them aware that this is happening and that what the French need to do is actually carried out.

4 Likes

this ties in with the comforting message from my local CPAM ladyā€¦ she confirmed that my Rights do not finish at the end of the yearā€¦ phewā€¦ :relaxed:

1 Like

This has caused such an unnecessary amount of worry for us all due to the late attention given to necessary update by the French health authorities.
I have tried to contact London, but they are experiencing an huge amount of calls, please call back later, which I certainly will do.
However, it is good to know the reason why we have been unable to update our Attestations and I feel sure that many of us will sleep better tonight.
I was concerned that many elderly Brits who are not members of an online forum might not do anything about contacting their CPAM and find their rights curtailed as at the end of December.
This looks as though this is now not going to happen and we gave Melanie thanks on behalf of all British S1 and E121 holders.
I was totally surprised that the helpline knew of this problem and were so willing to help us.

4 Likes

I agree @Jane_Williamson
I was so grateful that a friend emailed a flags up about this a couple of weeks back otherwise we would have continued in blissful ignorance.
I do think the English speaking helpline has been very helpful and itā€™s good to know itā€™s there when the subtleties of French are beyond me.
I must say Iā€™ll be happier when I see the dates on the system change and when we have our new S1s in our hands. Iā€™d planned to go to Agen, but Iā€™ll wait a few more days and see what happens.

1 Like

andā€¦ donā€™t forget the Ameli computer is ā€œdoing somethingā€ next Saturdayā€¦ why not wait and see it that does make a differenceā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

This is all controlled by the CPAM International Relations Service of each Departement and it seems as this instruction only went out on Friday, nothing would have been done over the weekend . I called the English speaking helpline at 9.45 so, hopefully they will be issuing instructions to amend our Attestations and this will be done asap.

1 Like

letā€™s hope that the closure of the computer next Saturday 17th October ā€¦ gives them the opportunity to sort out whatever glitch there might be ā€¦

and I am talking about the computer which serves Ameli nationwideā€¦ :slight_smile:

updated

I have just sent this e-mail to the DWP International Policy Admin Office, who it seems no longer give out their 'phone number:

Bonjour,

It has become apparent that holders of S1ā€™s are unable to update their Attestations giving them access to the French healthcare system.

If you try to do this it only goes as far as 31st December 2020.

The information for Brits in France from the French Government says that we only have access to healthcare up to the date of withdrawal.

This morning I spoke to Melanie on the CPAM English Speaking Helpline and she told me that the directive to CPAMs to update the end date on Attestations past the 31st December only went out on Friday the 9th October.

She is speaking to Chalon sur Saone so that they will send us personally updated Attestations .

I asked what she could do to ensure that all International Relations Service in each of the Departements really understand what they need to do and she said that she would speak to her supervisor to ask him if they could send out more information to all of these Offices to ensure that the end date is removed.

Were you aware that the French Government had not done anything to ensure that the part of the Withdrawal Agreement affecting Citizens rights was implemented?

Can you please use your connections within the French Health Service to ensure that this information is, in fact, disseminated to all International Relations Service offices throughout France? Previous experience has shown that individual Departements interpret directions in their own individual way and need to be monitored to ensure compliance.

As I am writing we have just received an e-mail from:

Florence BLANC
Service RĆ©gional Relations Internationales
RƩfƩrent technique du SSRI
Caisse Primaire du Territoire de Belfort
12 rue Strolz 90021 BELFORT cedex

with attachments to print off our personal Attestations.

It seems astonishing that the French Government has only just got round to implementing the part of the WA affecting Citizens Rights and as you can imagine, this has caused a great deal of worry and consternation to people who depend upon the French for their healthcare and who, as they get older, increasingly need medication or hospitalisation.
Indeed, we were so worried that we were even imagining that we would have to move a smaller house to be able to continue living in France.

Can you please confirm to us that you are able to help all holders of E121s and S1s living in France to this effect?

Many thanks.

3 Likes

What now worries me is that we will now be affected, whereas before our attestations rolled forward a year as normal! Iā€™m hoping this wonā€™t cause chaos in Departments that were quite happy to accept that our health cover continued as in the WA.

Why should it?
It is a directive coming from the top of CPAM to the International Relations Service in all Departements.

Because our department was completely unbothered about it, and now they will be bothered.