Lot-et-Garonne CPAM cancelling category S1 Cartes Vitales 31/12/20. Other depts likely to follow

This is a portion of my S1 (start date redacted) and it shows no ending date in section 4.2. Do you still have a copy of your E121 and does it have the same? If so, I would back up your claim of unlimited by quoting the section number…

@graham Thanks Graham, this is VERY helpful. Unfortunately I cannot lay my hands on our original paperwork for CPAM in 2007. This was during the very early days and I think I was just so shell-shocked by it all it never occurred to me to take copies. Having said that, I will have another very good hunt for it this w/end.

I will also put in a call to Newcastle to see whether by any miracle they can confirm whether that field was left blank in 2007. If so, then I will just refer CPAM back to their original files. At least I’m getting a new copy of my S1 which I’ll be able to provide if I have to.

Does anyone know WHY there would be an end date? We were pensioners emigrating. Why would anyone assume an end date would be needed? Bizarre!

2 Likes

That will probably resolve it :thinking:

Yes, but not for (possibly) six weeks! Which takes us to mid November. So if we can resolve this in the meantime I’d be happier.

1 Like

True - to a point.

I crunched the numbers on this back pre-referendum when some MP - John Mann I think (Googles… … … yeah I think it was probably him) was blathering on about how the EU charged much more for expat’s healthcare than we got back for the NHS for looking after EU citizens.

The demographic is definitely shifted towards retirees, but there are a lot of Brits living and working in the EU and France is no different. Spain’s perhaps is more retirees but there a lot of Brits are working age even there.

But EU citizens in the UK are, indeed, a younger demographic so that, plus the fact that the NHS is not as effective as it should be at claiming money from the EU is why the financial aspect was apparently skewed in the EU’s favour.

The message has now changed, since last night…

(but I’ve accessed our account this morning and our Attestation date remains the same 31/12/20)

perhaps next weekend will see the date change… who knows… :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s just saying that your account can’t be accessed next Saturday, presumably for maintenance. I’m guessing that has nothing to do with the situation.

I’ve just had a reply in my inbox on Ameli… in reply to my question about the “end date”… and it is clear they have no idea … they have asked me for a copy of my Carte de Sejour… :wink: :relaxed:

I shall go and see my local Office… they will sort this out for me.

Actually… I think you will find this message is for Ameli in general … :crazy_face:

Really great news… it does seem weird and that kind of answer seems much more aligned with what I would have thought the situation should be… what a relief is this is as described! Well done Sue and hopefully this will be settled soon.

I must admit I don’t have the exact stats but I’ve been advertising online + I’m on Facebook and some forums / websites (like this one) and I’ve been doing this for 5 years now (working solely with English speaking expats). 90%+ of my clientele is British is I’ve just had a look at my stats, the average (not median) age is 59 years old (I have roughly 1000 customers). So clearly I’m not representative of the market as I know there are between 150k to 200k British expats in France but, my share of that economy has an important shift toward early retirees .

To be fair with the initial “argument”, the British economy has been doing better than France’s for the past decade, before Brexit at least (no politics intended in that statement, purely from an economical perspective) and therefore it’s less attractive for “active workers” to move away from the UK hence why I think we have much more retirees (who don’t really care about the economic situation of the country they go to, except for healthcare).

In that case all of this is just a personal opinion and again, I’m quite happy with the current “immigration scheme” and my career choice speaks for itself :wink:

The information I received from Gov.UK was that my S1 (and thus membership of CPAM) would be honoured until my death, since I'd been here for more than 5 years.  That the Ameli  attestation goes in 12 month  cycles applies to ALL members of any nationality.    Also do not forget that, if the doom-sayers were right, this would apply to ALL holders of the S!, EU-wide, which would result in an enormous storm of protest which even this useless UK government could not ignore.

Not sure hat happened there …

The information I received from Gov.UK was that my S1 (and thus membership of CPAM) would be honoured until my death, since I’d been here for more than 5 years. That the Ameli attestation goes in 12 month cycles applies to ALL members of any nationality. Also do not forget that, if the doom-sayers were right, this would apply to ALL holders of the S!, EU-wide, which would result in an enormous storm of protest which even this useless UK government could not ignore.

Can somebody please show/give me some idea of what the S1 looks like?
I filing system when we first arrived is :crazy_face: and has never been added to our current one :frowning: There is so much that I feel can be shredded from 2005!
My husband and I have different memories of applying for our carte vitale’s!

Looks like this;

I’m having the same problem @Lily - not at all sure it was an S1 in our day. More likely an E121. But can I find a copy??? AAAGH

Thank you Sue, My husband may have had a E121 (when did it become S1?) but I had the S1.
Where are you applying for a copy?
The search goes on!
I spent the whole weekend looking for my S1 and have just been told by W&P that I was issued a E121 the same for my husband! Thankfully they are going to send us replacements :pray:

I too have an E121. We have just updated ours. the S1 has come for my husband, but we were told that it could take longer if you are an E121 holder.

@Jane_Williamson @Lily Thanks both of you. I think our situation is like yours Jane. When we came here I had retired (those were the days for women, retiring at 60) so the paperwork was mine and MOH got his carte vitale on the back of mine. We’re now both in our 70s and when I phoned Newcastle for an S1 the woman on the helpline said MOH had never had a form, so both of us are getting new forms. I hope they come quickly. I feel uneasy having an end date of 31/12/20 when we need to get the new carte de sejour to replace the ones we got 2 years ago.

2 Likes

We are in the same position. When we print new Attestations the start date is the print date and the end date, is normally a year after that, but not this time.
Like you it is the 31.12.2020.
It is extremely worrying, especially with regard to the French form saying that there is uncertainty about the state of our healthcare in France due to Brexit.
I had a reply from my MP’s case worker, totally understanding the situation, but saying that all Ministers are inundated with correspondence, but we would get a reply as soon as she has one herself.
As I mentioned before, I asked a question regarding the UK’s attitude to sharing Covid vaccines and drugs on the 19th May and I have just had a reply.
Unless we can get someone to ask a question in the House as to the government’s intentions, it does not look promising for us, unless someone has as in to a journalist on Channel 4 News or similar.

@Jane_Williamson Unfortunately Jane I’m not sure this is an issue that can be resolved back in the UK - other than promptly providing us with up-to-date paperwork that we can present to CPAM. As I understand it, some departments are being overzealous in their treatment of people holding S1 cartes vitales. So what has to change is attitudes/behaviour here in France. I would suggest the journalist needs to be from Sud-Ouest. :slight_smile: