Measles. The deniers wishes are coming true!

the problem is Mandy, measles is generally not serious in our priveleged countries. However, that is only a small point - the bigger problem is that if children are not allowed to get measles when young, they will never have the natural immunity and because the vaccinations only give temporary protection, these (now young adults) are getting the disease when it is more serious. This is the big problem. The vaccination for measles is effective - but only temporarilly - delaying the problem for a later - worse - time.
what is not talked about is any study comparing how many of these older children getting Measles were in fact vaccinated when young. You certainly won’t see the industry ( or university partners) pushing for that study.
regards
geoff

Where did the vaccination not lasting for life come from? And children need to have measles to ensure life long immunity?

In Dordogne where there was a mini epidemic of measles last academic year, leading to a number of lycéens being ill and even hospitalised (3 cases, 2 hospitalised, just in my daughter’s class) the take-up for measles vaccine is under 60%.

Yes but if all children have the vaccine then the disease should be eradicated and no-one in later life should be exposed to it. Smallpox was eradicated in exactly this manner.

In fact, measles was declared eradicated in the US in the early 2000’s and then people stopped vaccinating their children and it returned.

2 Likes

In some ways one might almost be forgiven for wondering why on earth don’t they just remove aluminium…salts or otherwise from vaccines altogether and find a more natural adjuvant…?!? I guess it still leaves stuff like calf serum etc in there and sometimes I wonder who it was that actually decided it would be a good idea to inject these foreign substances into the human body in the first place…???

Aluminium with no safety studies just seems to have been “grandfathered” in as an adjuvant…???

I find the macrophages research interesting…rather than the injected aluminium being excreted via the gut…, that the macrophages absorb the aluminium…nano particles and even smaller…and at the next bout of inflammation which may occur anywhere in the body…maybe from another vaccine at a later date…are able to enter the brain as they would naturally do but end up delivering the aluminium loaded nano particles to the brain too…

Injected it appears to be persistent in the body…for many months and sometimes years…being found in a sarcoma at an injection site 8 years later…(I remember reading about this problem years ago when researching pet vaccines…sarcomas were becoming so prevalent that vaccine manufacturers were advising vets to inject in a leg and if the cat developed a cancer at the injection site they could just amputate the leg and presumably carry on vaccinating annually…!)

makes me wonder why they can’t give the vaccine on a sugar lump like they did with the later Polio vaccines… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I imagine because they will be damaged by the process of digestion. Just a thought :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

If they found a way to remove mercury from vaccines then they should also be able to find a way to replace the aluminium. It’s obviously a big worry for many people so removing it or finding an alternative may increase uptake of vaccines. I hope that the powers that be are considering this.

1 Like

And just a thought, if tomorow they discover a vaccine againt cancer or alzheimer, would you have it ?

2 Likes

Aluminium (hydroxide or phosphate) is used as an adjuvant (something that modifies or enhances the immune response) in a vaccine.

Regrettably, it is the cheapest and therefore the most commonly used (also quite toxic). Apparently Merck, the main manufacturer is a bit reluctant to divulge any adverse effects.

1 Like

I think many, many folk would seriously consider it… and… how about a cure…:zipper_mouth_face:

This is it, we are all more friendly to treatment, even with their bad effects, when it touchs close relatives or ourselves. This is humain, I think ! Look at Polio, we don’t hear much about it, so we sadly start to wonder about protecting ourselves. And I do agree that pharmaceutical industry should stop being cheap !

4 Likes

Alright, that might have been harsh but the pseudo scientific mumbo-jumbo that is spouted on this subject gets under my skin.

Repeat after me - correlation does not mean causation.

Diabetes - we have a much worse, higher sugar diet fuelled by the food and drink industry. Funny how that doesn’t seem to attract the same outrage despite being a much bigger health problem.

Asthma - going back down after peaking in the 90’s, in the UK at least

The strongest correlation is probably air quality.

Autism - the poster child.

A few obvious factors, we are better at diagnosing children with Autism for one. A change of classification also increased the number of children recorded as having autism. I probably have Asperger’s which was not diagnosed as a child - I had a bit of a lightbulb moment in my late 40’s. I say probably as I haven’t sought formal diagnosis. While it took me 50 years to manage what most people have figured out by their mid teens I think I have sorted this social interaction thing out enough to get by, most of the time so I’m not clear of any benefit diagnosis might bring.

But I digress, the point here is that in the 1970’s I would have been diagnosed with Asperger’s, now I would be diagnosed with mild Autistic Spectrum Disorder because Asperger’s is no longer part of the ICD (so all the Asperger’s cases got added to the autism figures.

Finally the diagnostic criteria are more relaxed and apply from a younger age so more get picked up.

Eczema - again, seems to be waning at present https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091674907022129

However I made no comment about safe levels of aluminium, just that the environmental exposure is likely to outweigh the exposure from vaccines and not by a small amount.

It’s not an unreasonable question and I don’t honestly know the answer given that it is a favourite target of the anti vaccine crowd.

It could be that, as Mark suggests, it is just cheap but I would disagree with “it is quite toxic” and I suspect that the vaccine manufacturers just consider it to be inert and safe. Aluminium hydroxide is used in a lot of indigestion remedies, it’s not really absorbed from the gut and it’s main toxicity (in large doses and/or chronic use) is that it binds phosphate and can lead to low phosphate levels.

My guess would be that the vaccine would have to be re-validated and re-licenced if something as fundamental as the adjuvant were to be changed (expensive).

I’d be a bit worried if sarcomas at injection sites were that common in animals (something to look into perhaps) but, if anything, finding aluminium hydroxide or phosphate at a vaccination site 8 years later just underlines how biologically inert these compounds are.

8 Likes

You are a ‘stayer’, give you that Paul, I would have given up Mate :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s the Asperger’s, I suspect. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Polio is given orally because the immunity you want to stimulate is actually in the gut.

Doesn’t work for other vaccines

2 Likes

I have a dear friend in her 50s just recently diagnosed with Aspergers…she was really taken aback but in some ways she’s relieved about it after so many years …so maybe in some areas they are still diagnosing Aspergers seperate to autism…???

Yes vaccine site sarcomas are not so rare in animals affecting 1 in 10,000 cats…I’d have to find the research I was looking at at the time but here’s a research paper that documents the aluminium adjuvant… this research is focused on the best way of handling removal of the tumour and chemotherapy… and not so much on aetiology…

1 Like

Yes, later life diagnosis is more of a thing these days.

It might be described as Asperger’s for simplicity but it will be coded as autism.

Except typhoid :blush:

1 Like

Seems entirely reasonable as a hypothesis, biochemically inert does not mean incapable of causing chronic inflammation which we know is a driver for neoplastic change. As an aside it is the sort of thing that, perhaps, we should be seeing in humans if there really is a problem with the aluminium adjuvant (I’m not aware that this is, in fact, the case). Maybe these compounds behave differently in felines.

The solution here seems simple - stop using aluminium adjuvant for feline vaccinations and see if the problem goes away. In fact that would provide some real solid evidence that they should be removed from human vaccines as well. Proven harm in another mammalian species is quite good at getting the authorities to sit up.

It doesn’t change the fundamentals though.

2 Likes