Met criticised over Clapham vigil policing

Exactly.

This is symptomatic of how a toxic organisational culture gets hold - those that go along with it get promoted, and in turn distort recruitment and the promotion of others towards it. Those that object remain at the bottom, and many eventually leave - or are actively pushed out.

2 Likes

If you think the Sensible Shoes Squad that rose up through the Ranks when Cressida Dick was running the Met are any better, I’ve got some bad news for you.

Genuine question: Is misogyny still misogyny when women are doing it?

No, it then becomes misterogny……

Did they ever get in?

The Met is corrupt, has been corrupt for years, a different sort of corrupt these days compared with the 70’s but corrupt nevertheless.

Do any idealists even bother?

2 Likes

Fish rots head down and that.

Operation Countryman, sorted that corruption out, but the basic problems remain

In the sense of cash payments, perhaps.

But the Met is corrupt in all sorts of ways, not just the acceptance of bribes or protection monies.

Interesting read, though short

“police officers going undercover as police officers” - the mind boggles (OK, yes, non-corrupt officers working with corrupt ones to gather evidence, it’s common enough, just looks odd when written out that way).

1 Like

Apparently - according to the Guardian - the initial details of the Carrick case were part of the reason that Sadiq Khan decided to oust Cressida Dick in February.

1 Like

If you had included my full quote you would have shown I was pretty much saying that same thing as you

1 Like

Indeed, I wasn’t contradicting you, or at least didn’t intend to do so.

According to LBC news Carrick is still employed by the Met and has received £60000 in wages since he has been in custody. So basically you are unsackable even with all the crimes that he has committed. I cant find a verified newspaper account corroborating this but it doesn’t surprise me.

The disciplinary hearing did not take place until today. It would not take place while a trial was pending, and he pleaded guilty very late.

1 Like

He’s just been dismissed from the met!

Unsackable - reminds me of uni. There was a senior lecturer with an icky reputation. Would give students a sleazy text to read which would then have to be discussed in a tutorial, where he would get the shyest girl in the class to read out the dirty bits. He did this to us one time, a short story about a guy getting a blow job (fortunately I was no shrinking violet and not picked to do the nasty deed). All of us students, male and female were kind of shocked about it, didn’t really know what to do. Someone went and looked up the rules on what could get a lecturer sacked. For a senior lecturer it had to be gross misconduct. We reckoned we’d get nowhere so didn’t pursue it. When it’s baked into the system, it can be hard to fix.

1 Like

Hmmm…

1 Like

yes it does go back that far… this real crime documentary attested to that.

Yes, many women are intensely misogynistic, unfortunately. If it’s against men specifically it’s misandry and against the entire human race, misanthropy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s always a defence bonus to have plenty of women jurors on a rape trial.

Good grief, to that extent : what - apart from misogyny - is the explanation?