New 1st July postal charges and processes

Exactly this.

Imagine it’s the same going the other way? I’ve a parcel waiting to go to the UK with 2 items, VAT paid on one item and not on the other… I’m worried I’ve set myself up for a load of hassle :flushed:

1 Like

Yes @amanda1, you’re probably right, it likely is, thankfully I only have to listen and sympathise to the ranting and raving about it going in the one direction though so that is all I can speak to :see_no_evil::joy: I think the one saving grace with sending things from the EU to the UK, at least early on was that because the UK weren’t in any way ready for the changes they weren’t really looking at things in any detail, as long as things had the right documentation to make it seem straightforward they just behaved as if the UK was still in the EU. I haven’t sent anything recently so they may have got their act together and be applying the rules to the letter now, but they basically admitted themselves that they certainly weren’t before, which made life easier for everyone I guess.

What is the story with my 2nd hand (ebay) slow cooker and hubbies 2nd hand (ebay) tools that we wanted to get sent over?

Anyone ever found the backslash on a US keyboard?

[quote=“KarenLot, post:105, topic:35659, full:true”]
Anyone ever found the backslash on a US keyboard?

With the " ? "

and on the French keyboard… look at the 8 to find " \ "

Ta Stella. Weird. My US Lenovo keyboard has a forward slash on the question mark key . Perhaps Lenovo keyboards are different. I know I saw others asking the same question on forums and also not finding it a few years back. But perhaps it was Lenovo forums

I’ve got an American Lenovo keyboard too.

Forward slash and backslash arrowed

courtesy of the image from @anon88169868

Ha, I hope you’re right. It’s hard to see how they’d be up to speed now, though I see there’s a claim form to fill in if people are overcharged… What fun :crazy_face: I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.

Bit lost on this thread.
Anyone know how you make a battery out of a lemon?

1x copper nail, 1x steel nail, push into lemon.

Think you get about half a volt

1 Like

and a jolt if you swallow it :wink: :boom:

1 Like

Update on our moewr belt. Arrived yesterday in the post box - no charge. GBP3 listed as the cost on the customs label and it came as a ‘large letter’ not a small parcel. Is this the trick? To only order things that are small enough to go in as a large letter :rofl:

1 Like

Well, that’s very good news for you, but a bit of a shame as you were the Guinea Pig for the new process and it didn’t tell us anything :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Possibly good tip…I’m now a week late receiving two subscription magazines

1 Like

Well there are still 2 belts on the way - both from HK I think so may have more news!

1 Like

was it from S.Africa then :thinking:

3 Likes

We ordered a part for a strimmer from buyspares.fr and were concerned that it was coming from Birmingham via Royal Mail. We weren’t charged though we think because they had a French TVA number.

1 Like

Are they usually prompt, @strudball ? One of mine came through on Saturday…