New declaration required for property owners

Thanks Stella.
I finally got a reply and have registered on the impôts gouv site.
I’ve completed the declaration the only part I had to complete was how long we have owned our property
Merci beaucoup
Dave

1 Like

Can you give me the details of the make of paint and colour please? We need to repaint our shutters.

Not sure whether I should be happy or not, as just been through the details of the two properties I own. Both of which are incorrect, despite previously informing the tax office after receiving larger than expected bills last year. Now I see why the bills are alot higher than expected - crazy. A tad frustrating to say the least. And I’m assuming they wont be wanting to hand money back due to incorrect details.

Don‘t be too pessimistic! Stranger things have happened.

Not too sure how much time it takes to get a response, but asked them what I now need to do to get the details corrected. Will be very interesting to see how this progresses…

Most likely you will be sent a H1 form to fill in. And then you wait. With luck they will deal with it before your next bill comes out next autumn.

1 Like

It looks like they have us down as 33% larger than we actually are. Should I continue the declaration and ask to have it corrected later or is there a way to ammend the information on the form, will they believe us anyway?

I’m in a similar situation and sent a message in the secure messaging space and now awaiting a response.

1 Like

I still haven’t had a response to my earlier secure message re my property details. I’ll be going away next week, and knowing that the declaration is meant to be closed by end June, now wondering what to do???

I don’t want to simply agree the details as they aren’t correct, but if I don’t get a response, will that mean that I’ll be open to some sort of fine?? In a bit of a quandry as to what to do next???

It’s not a good time of year to get a response from tax office!

Will you have access to a computer while you’re away? So could keep an eye on it?

A belt and braces approach would be to turn your query into a letter and send it LRAR so you proof that you tried to deal with this within deadline. Fine is set at €150.

1 Like

Yes I’ll be able to keep an eye on the computer while I’m away fortunately. Re the LRAR, I would hope that having the message registered there on the secure messages area would be sufficient to prove that I’ve made the effort. I can well understand how busy they are, but would be disappointed if they don’t respond and I pick up a fine.

Have you screen-shotted it?

1 Like

I haven’t but great idea :+1: thanks alot :+1: :+1:

I was with a friend yesterday who told me that, due to the vast amount of queries thrown up by folks, the end June deadline has been extended. Is anyone aware of any new deadline???

While it probably wouldn’t surprise anybody to learn of an extension, there is nothing to that effect. (so far) on the Service Publique site, which is (naturally!) authoritative…

1 Like

Could be local variations…

1 Like

I sent in my declaration by registered post from the uk. On tracking the letter, did say it was delivered, but haven’t heard anything in reply. ( was posted to them, roughly 4 week ago)
So not sure if it was seen, processed or just thrown in the waste bin…
But I’m guessing that I will hear from someone if I am issued a fine.
It’s difficult dealing with French things, while still in the uk…at least efficiently enough to get the desired result.

As you would have read, it was easy on line and emailed via the system setup with the requested passport photograph and it was straightforward with me being in the UK.
I would urge you to setup as much as you can on line, water, electricity, various taxes. It has improved things for us and taken away some of stress factors around remote owning.

2 Likes

Quick question - I’ve just filled in the form on line (occupiers - me and my partner), do I have to do the same again for my partner (not married or PACs etc - we have separate tax forms) (he is the joint owner of the property) ?

Yes, my workshop and garages are seperate from the house like Mr Wozza. So 2 declarations.