PM and his cabinet to resign?

eat at Royal China London with good friends

SlotGob? No idea who this is. Are you referring to Mrs Blair? Crude? Who gives a damn if they are friends? Apart from the disastrous Iraq afair I thought Blair was very good and still hear him talking a lot of sense over NI for instance.
Starmer’s from an ordinary family - mother a nurse and father a toolmaker if I recall correctly. Is he an over-achiever? Another favourite for me would be Ken Clarke - another QC.

He has been speaking a great deal of sense over the past 12 months.

It was good to see the media weren’t distracted from ‘partygate’ during the news conference.

Superb

1 Like

Crude? If it’s acceptable to call the Home Secretary “Shitty Patel” which has racial slur undertones, I think SlotGob for someone with a mouth like a vandalised letterbox is reasonable.

Two wrongs…

1 Like

He has also had a short stint with a Devine Brown which ended his partnership with Miss Hurley so not a good choice IMO

Salt of the earth :wink:

I dont subscribe to the Guardian even though I am asked to every time I read an article posted here on SF. After reading this one I am almost tempted. Surely this mess will be the final undoing of him but then I think the UK will be in deeper trouble, why?
I am sure it isnt just me who has noticed that Michael Gove gets virtually no press, good or bad, which tells me that when Boris goes Gove will be taken out of the cupboard, dusted down and be the next PM. Of course he would have to validate his existence by calling an election by which time would the voting public have forgotten what the current shower of s__t have done to a country I used to be proud to say was the place of my birth.
I no longer have the right to vote in the UK, or the EU thanks to Brexit, but when I lived in UK my vote was blue as it best suited my way of life. What the conservatives have done for Britain with Brexit has made sure that if I was ever in a position to vote it wouldn’t be for them ever again.

2 Likes

How does ‘Shitty Patel’ suggest a racial undertone? It rhymes and sounds a lot like Pritti. The nickname comes from her disgusting behaviour. Why are you so full of venom for Mrs Blair? The woman can’t choose her physical characteristics.

Frost came out in top place in a tory faithful popularity poll. I think he could be even worse than Gove.

1 Like

While David Allen Green thinks the government is too disorganised for dead cat strategies, under cover of this week’s shenanigans the Policing bill (massive clampdown on the right to protest and essentially carte blanche for the police to stop and search anyone they please with no need for justification) and the Nationality and Borders bill (arbitrary withdrawal of UK citizenship, criminalising anyone who helps asylum seekers get to the UK) quietly continued their course through parliament his week :rage:

2 Likes

But Frost would need to be an MP first.

I wonder if Boris is following Poland’s PiS lead? I see the Judiciary is on his hit list.

1 Like

John Grace knocks it out of the park again. What a line :slightly_smiling_face:

I promise you that there are no racial undertones in my sobriquet for Shitty. Honestly :slightly_smiling_face: My dislike for her is founded on the fact that when her family were fleeing the Idi Amin regime and, though probably more economic migrants than genuine refugees, they were saved by the generosity of the British people. Yet she now chooses to slam the door on others, and seems to take jackboot pleasure in it. She is also proven liar as May found out and her bullied staff later found out. Johnson, of course likes liars.

No matter what race Shitty was I would still think that she is acting like a total shit. Hence the sobriquet. You could well be right though and that it is not used more widely because people are afraid of misinterpretation.

1 Like

Then I apologise unreservedly for suggesting that you were using the nickname in that manner.

I’ve personally heard ****skin used as a racial slur against people from the Indian subcontinent.

I thin kJohnson’s unlikely to resign because to date he’s always gotten away with it (whatever ‘it’ happened to be). also of course resignation usually indicate at least some sense of responsibility, which he obviously lacks.

Meanwhile, although the Tories always move swiftly to dispatch their leaders, they’re not going to do it in the week of a by-election (anyone remember the late, much mis-maligned ex MP, Owen Patterson?). I think they’ll cling on to the seat and although Sunak / Gove are the only serious contenders for Johnson’s job, both are sufficiently savvy not to wish to become PM in the midst of a bunch of s–t storms that won’t be dispelled by a simple change of leader. Consequently, I think they’ll let him stay on while keeping their heads down.

2 Likes

The pressure is certainly ramping up but I don’t think we’re close to seeing the end of Johnson, of the candidates to replace him Sunak is the favourite and he’s a bit of a dark horse in that we know very little about him.