PM and his cabinet to resign?

That disaster was only a couple of weeks ago - it is simply back to back to back cock ups, lies and corruption.

I doubt very much he’ll resign and the thought of gove in his place makes me want to vomit

I’m as politically homeless as ever as I don’t trust starmer either

At this point it’s such a shitshow of a clusterfuck but if I were to vote at the minute it would be for anyone against vaccine mandates

I’ve seen several tories speak out against them and as I’m not a natural Tory voter then it might be self evident why I’m perceiving myself as politically homeless :grinning:

1 Like

Think it would be helpful for others to understand that statement if you were to explain why you’re against mandates

1 Like

Oh Mark, why do you say that. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I could try but I would be covering a lot of ground that has already been covered

I have my line in the sand and as has been pointed out on many occasions it’s pointless debating with me :thinking:

1 Like

There was no offence taken whatsoever, I’m glad I had the opportunity to explain :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very simple and I’m surprised you even bother to ask. There are varying reasons why people are against mandates,. some are relatively sound on an individual level, like my younger brother, who contracted polio at the age of two following a vaccination, and has understandably been vaccine wary thoughoout his adullthood.

Others less so in my view, particulalrly those libertarians who place their personal ‘rights’ above those of their fellow citizens, and even more so when such people choose to believe some person on the internet, rather than trying to do proper research from reliable sources. When I taught first year Open University students, one of the first things they learned was how to identify and distinguish reliable and less reliable sources of information. Unfortunately, most antivaxers lack this skill.

1 Like

Fine, I hope you don’t die from Covid, and even more importantly, I hope you don’t infect others.

But, really, how does to feel to be so solipsistic? Is it your ‘line’ in the sand, or your head?

2 Likes

1 Like

I am still alive and well despite choosing not to take any covid vaccines as are many of my family and friends around the world who have chosen the same path

We come from a place of love and hope that all who have chosen to take a vaccine remain safe alive and well too

I could only “infect” others if I had been in a situation where I may have contracted it but I haven’t

I’m sure that phrase was chosen spur of the moment, but of course, given his Asian ancestry, it can look a bit dodgy in retropspect . I would’t I wish to be thought of as ‘woke’ . but would advocate fewer shorthand clichĂ©s and more postings written in the author’s very own words rather than those of The Guardian or the tabloids.

I don’t think ‘love’ will be that much use in fighting the pandemic. - I imagine this family also loved one another:-

https://www.varmatin.com/faits-divers/en-une-semaine-la-covid-19-emporte-pere-mere-et-fils-dune-meme-famille-non-vaccinee-dans-les-vosges-729631

So it’s ok to acknowledge the vaccine wary/hesitant on an individual level as in those who may have suffered previous harm (like your brother for which I’m truly sorry and my heart goes out to anyone suffering vaccine injury) but not ok to acknowledge those currently being harmed
.most of which have taken the vaccines in all good faith and are now suffering 
.???

That’s self-evidently statistically false, so why should you make such an assertion? Choose any country you like and you’ll see tha that where people have been vaccinated, over 90% of those in ICUs were unvaccinated or had pre-existing conditions. But even amongst those unfortunates, most are unvaccinated , and many were previously healthy 30-50 year olds.

If you want to contradict this assertion, provide a credible link. Also previously you posted that it’s useless to argue with you - so why are you arguing? I find the irrationality of so many anti-vaxers and so-called libertarians really exasperating, because most of their arguments are either solipsistic or illogical. and are certainly anti-social.

3 Likes

I’m not able to open that link don’t know why
.:thinking:

We also love one another

My partner in U.K. has always voted Tory
he’s pissed off for many reasons one of which is the debacle in U.K

he lost his mother just before covid (also lost the family home but that’s another story) he was saying that much as he supports the conservatives the fact that they were laughing and joking and partying while people weren’t able to be with their dieing loved ones makes him feel sick to the core
.(He also just lost his sister at 52
not to covid
she was triply vaccinated)

Try copying and pasting the link into your browser

I’m talking about those who have already been harmed
and there are many more who are going unacknowledged and they have no come back whilst the manufacturers have no liability and no accountability

Pfizer now want until 2096 to release their clinical trial data when they were granted their EUA in 180 days

I’m just saying that it’s pointless debating with me not because I am some great holier than thou philosopher but because there are many who have already planted themselves firmly on the vaccine side of the debate and are not open to any other view

OK. Another thread that I need to mute. You don’t know what you’ve started @DrMarkH! Where have you been all these months?

2 Likes

Exactly :unamused:

1 Like

Seriously?

I don’t need you or anyone to ‘advocate’ what or how I should write, the meaning is very accurate in Sunak’s case as there is very little known about him other than he married into extreme wealth and based on his past voting record he is a typical anti EU Tory, there have been no scandals or dodgy dealings that have been made public so he seems to be ‘blemish’ free.

1 Like