Reconfinement; here we go again/Macron /Castex et al

This was originally thought to be a problem however they have now put in a clause regarding ‘3rd party accommodation’ for those that have just arrived, or have odd living situations:
In case of accommodation with a third party: certificate from the host, dated and signed, copy of the host’s identity card or passport or residence permit, and proof of the host’s address if the address on his/her identity card, passport or residence permit is outdated.

So far you’re the only one to have flagged this up, Bettina. It’s rather concerning. We have done some hasty ‘stocking up’ of essentials but will need to shop occasionally when perishables perish. I am fairly sure others of a certain age will face the same problem.

What to do? :thinking::confused:

Shopping for essentials is on the list… you’ll be fine.

It isn’t listed on the most recent attestation issued by TousAntiCovid, Stella, I’ve got the app.

Choisissez un motif de déplacement
Je certifie que mon déplacement est lié au motif suivant (cocher la case) autorisé en application des mesures générales nécessaires pour faire face à l’épidémie de Covid19 dans le cadre de l’état d’urgence sanitaire [1] :

Déplacements entre le domicile et le lieu d’exercice de l’activité professionnelle ou le lieu d’enseignement et de formation ;
Déplacements pour des consultations et soins ne pouvant être assurés à distance et ne pouvant être différés ou pour l’achat de produits de santé ;
Déplacements pour motif familial impérieux, pour l’assistance aux personnes vulnérables ou précaires ou pour la garde d’enfants ;
Déplacements des personnes en situation de handicap et de leur accompagnant ;
Déplacements pour répondre à une convocation judiciaire ou administrative ;
Déplacements pour participer à des missions d’intérêt général sur demande de l’autorité administrative ;
Déplacements liés à des transits pour des déplacements de longues distances ;
Déplacements brefs, dans un rayon maximal d’un kilomètre autour du domicile pour les besoins des animaux de compagnie ;

What Are classed as essentials?

@Tory, Hi, Yes, I wondered whether that might work for gites, holidays - this would be the hébergement referrred to by captainendeavour in his post on ‘other EU residency thread’

though in his case of course he has a friend (already)!

It thought it was particularly aimed at those renting a room in a shared house, and I’ve seen plenty of ads on roomlala. My partner likes her privacy though. Thanks for your comment, I think I need to get my thread going as this one is really on lockdown itself…

1 Like

I do. But mon ami suggested hébergement with his brother - in Lille. But if push comes to shove, Lille it must be.

I am interested in this notion that a gite, certified by the owner, would be acceptable as showing one was ‘present’ in the way that residency criteria are judged. I’d like more on that, if anyone knows.

Tory, that’s interesting. Who is ‘they’ and where is this clause?

just as well I don’t have the App… :relaxed: :wink:

the details are in the Press and will be more info confirmed today… but, have no fear… folk will be able to buy essentials…

1 Like

it’s on the flowchart, surely… ???

I’ll go with that Stella. I don’t have the app either and the new form doesn’t seem to have arrived on the government website yet. Speaking as an (ex) software developer, I’d trust the government website over an “app” any day :smiley:

I thought Macron was quite clear last night about shopping for essentials being fine… (on the other hand, my French comprehension isn’t perfect yet…)

It’s (ahem) a Government app on (er… ) a Government website… :hugs::upside_down_face:

I don’t know. As I am not even at the start gate to complete the application form I have not looked at it. My focus to date has been on trying to get digs. But if it says somewhere that a gite ticks the box, that would be very helpful, possibly.

‘They’ are the French government on their official website / flow chart. Here is the link to it. Go to ‘I have lived in France less than 5 years’ then read down to the bit that I quoted above.

1 Like

Thanks Tory. That is most encouraging. It opens up other possibilities. Assuming I can get an address that qualifies, dear old Newcastle, Land of the S1, told me that I only have to phone them with it and "Shazzam!" they will bash out a new S1 for my existence in FR within 15 days. That should take care of the health care aspect.

1 Like

“In the case of accommodation with a third party” … is how they term it…

certificate signed and dated by the host, host’s passport etc etc etc…

and when you’ve got your S1… wow… you will be on the right road…

Yes, but that is the curfew attestation for movements after 9pm - you don’t go shopping at 9pm! Wait for the new one which h should be released sometime today/tonight.

And just to confirm (they should have been specific) this is the form they mean by ‘certificate’ - it is the official attestation d’hebergement:

Is this helpful? Posted by The Connexion on Facebook today.
Stay safe everyone.
Izzy x

4 Likes

Very helpful, if accurate. Brill

1 Like