Residency Online Applications

I hope that’s the case, just in case there is any problem with my own application. I have nowhere else to go in the world so will cling on by the fingernails if necessary. :wink: :laughing:

David the WA says that once you have qualified for permanent residence ie you have lived legallyin France for five years, you only lose that right if you then live away from France for five years consecutive, or commit a crime or something. So if you qualified in the past and have not left France it should be automatic for you.
I lived in France for a long time but have now returned to the uk 4 years ago and was fully expecting to lose myrights in France. Reading the WA it appears I may still have the option to return next year if I want. I think that is very generous.

If what you say is true Geoffrey, and I have no reason to doubt it, that would mean that I have no need of a CdS at all. Surely that can’t be right?

Anyway, even if it is right, it only depends on the WA, and if that is broken by the UK then there is no obligation for France to respect the rest of it.

If you’ve been here legally for 5 or more years… you qualify for residence… you do still need to apply for the CdS… but, the good news is… that France cannot refuse you…

when the online site opens… it will be a doddle for you…

No David, the WA states very clearly that all Brits who qualify for the new CDS and wish to remain in France, must obtain it.
You demonstrate that you qualify. France issues the cds. That is what I meant by automatic.

1 Like

Thank you both, I’ll check it out when the starter’s pistol goes.

Let’s just hope that I’m not standing in front of it when it does. :roll_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

Cor blimey! I thought starter pistols were loaded with blank charges not live ammunition! Now he tells me! :scream:

Best not to take too much for granted, :wink:

Look where that got David Cameron…and us. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Do you mean brits ore the rest of Europens

Sorry I was talking about eu citizens living in the uk who have applied for residency and been refused by the uk system.

Okay I see because I don’t think France can refuse any Europen citizens to live in France

Morning Geoffrey

During the last 5 years I have been stopped a couple of time by the Gendarmes, for document checks, and have used my CdS as proof of identity, not residence.

Very useful.

Andy

2 Likes

Yep but if you have a French driving licence then that’s also your ID, never been asked for more than that and I have been stopped way too many times by the gendarmes, unfortunately…!

1 Like

Apparently not, I have been refused at a hospital for only having that and was sent away to get my passport.

@andyw Yes, accepted as proof of ID, like the driving licence often, but were you actually asked for it, specifically?

I was specifically asked for my licence if that’s what you mean, David, as I was speeding and they wanted to remove yet more points :frowning: but never been asked for other ID by the gendarmes. Always asked for passport for admin stuff though although can’t wait to simply produce my carte d’identité for that one once all the admin is sorted :smiley:
As for hospital, the only time I was in was 9 years ago after a back bike accident when the pompiers took me there direct,

That’s has newer happened to me I was in the emergency room last week no one asking for anything

@Bajen Maybe that’s because you’re not 9 and the hospital doesn’t need to find your parents? :grin:

1 Like

… 9 years ago… I was 45 at the time and nobody contacted my parents, fortunately! :wink:

1 Like

Doh! :rofl:

1 Like

No, I meant did anyone ask for your CdS as a means of ID? Obviously not, neither have I.

1 Like