SFN NEWSLETTER Sat 29th May

Hello everybody

Another week has flown by and I’m writing this from sunny Spain. No, we’re not expanding into other countries, just having a weekend away. Hopefully everything will tick along just fine but if there are any problems, please tell Helen Aurelius-Haddock who is being a complete and utter star and looking after everything in our absence. Thank you Helen! And do make sure you check out her new “France. Living the dream?” Facebook page - stuffed full of useful links.

And talking of Helen, I’d like to thank her and all the other people who have started groups on the SF network. Philip Voice is busy enough with his own network for landscape gardeners but has been kind enough to spend time setting up a woodwork enthusiasts group. A group which has been greatly appreciated by Doron Swade who created the renovation group - a great resource. Nick Aurelius-Haddock and Sandra Hanks run the incredibly useful Computer Corner and Business Owners in France - both key aspects of life in France for many network members and thanks too to Bob Toovey, who runs the bloggers group - we all seem to be bloggers! Thanks must also go to Helen Barnes who started one of the earliest groups here - the Horsey one. As a horse owner, I’ve found this group invaluable - friendly advice, people who understand your passion and we’re now planning a group get together later in the year. And I couldn’t fail to mention Jill Harrison who not being content with running the Brittany websites group, is now about to start a group for all you keen gardeners! And last but not least, I can’t forget our very own Mr. C who’s started a group for the younger generation. Living in a foreign country throws up different challenges when you are young, so for all of you who have teenagers or friends with teenage offspring, do send them this way! No doubt they will organise one of those giant ‘aperos’ and bring the good name of SF into disrepute. Still, we’ll probably make the front page of The Daily Mail…

The daily photo has proved hugely popular - please keep them coming! Anything French ish qualifies and the more iconic the better. So think about what says ‘France’ to you, go and take a picture and upload it!

If you’ve always yearned to tread the boards and live near Paris, why not join the International Players - an amateur theatre group, welcoming all nationalities, presenting plays and musicals of all origins in English near Paris.

. David Hovis explains, “Our year runs from September to June and we generally put on a musical show or play, and a dramatic or comic play once a year, followed by an evening of one acts or a review at the end of the year.” If you are free this weekend, you could pop along to

SUMMER TOO SHORTS

SATURDAY MAY 29th 8.00 pm

Espace Wilson, Le Pecq. (check our website for the location www.internationalplayers.co.uk)

Come and enjoy an evening of entertainment by our Improv Troupe including songs, all followed by an auction of costumes modeled by the players themselves. The evening promises to be full of laughs so bring all your friends as 5 euros gets you entrance and a free drink.

Tickets available on the door.

Right that’s enough from me - I’m off for more tapas!

Catharine x